Blow It Up

Dunt

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
The Sox have a nice easy patch in their schedule coming up but I think they should seriously be navigating the trade market as sellers and getting a feel of the trade value of guys like Robertson, Melky and even Quintana, who I would only move if I'm getting an elite prospect back in any package. If the Sox are smart and take their lumps for two seasons they can really improve the trajectory of the franchise for the better. But would Jerry want to do that?

No chance the Sox sell unless they drop over 6-7 games below .500 in the next several weeks leading up to the deadline.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
The Sox have a nice easy patch in their schedule coming up but I think they should seriously be navigating the trade market as sellers and getting a feel of the trade value of guys like Robertson, Melky and even Quintana, who I would only move if I'm getting an elite prospect back in any package. If the Sox are smart and take their lumps for two seasons they can really improve the trajectory of the franchise for the better. But would Jerry want to do that?

If you are rebuilding for two years, then you have to trade Sale/Abreu/Frazier also

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
If you are rebuilding for two years, then you have to trade Sale/Abreu/Frazier also

I was talking about this season when I mentioned Robertson, Melky and Quintana. And if I they play their cards right they might not have to trade Sale* and maybe Abreu but if are offered something ridiculous then they have to seriously consider it.

*I imagine a Sale trade being hard to conceptualize.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
This season, yes. Prior to this season, his numbers would make him a #2 on a lot of teams.

Nope, prior to this season he was a Top 10 pitcher in baseball the past couple years.

This goes to show how underrated he is.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
As much as I love Quintana, he may be the trade chip we need to sell. Team like Boston oozing with young talent is definitely a match.

It sucks, but I agree. I would put him on the block and see what teams might offer.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
It sucks, but I agree. I would put him on the block and see what teams might offer.

They won't completely rebuild and trade Sale. I wish they would but they wouldn't. I love Sale but this brutal. We could load up on young talent. Whether Hahn could make the correct decisions is another debate in itself. With Quintana, we may be able to bring back a small haul and revamp this system.