June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @ Boston 6:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I really like about this is the 6pm start. It is the perfect game time start IMO. I get home, walk the dog, and then the game is on while I make dinner, eat dinner, and veg on the couch. Next thing you know its only like 8:30 and the game is close to over. Perfect time to allow me to do other things.

Remember when we the BoSox screwed up this franchise last year during their 7 game win streak to make us believe maybe we could make the playoffs? hopefully its the opposite this year....

Sweep us. Fire Robin. Trade off a few of your pieces and move on.

I say a few because I do believe that take out Lawrie, C, and CF and replace with "baseball players" meaning -- Kevin Keirmeirer type ppl and this team is still very good.

I just look though each year and go - why couldn't we sign a guy like Rajai Davis for pennies? Or Uribe? why is it always the other teams that sign these guys?

Rajai Davis at the top of your order stealing 40 bases would change the dynamic of this team. Hell even with Anderson at the top I feel completely different. He gets on with a single and all of a sudden steals a base.... and then eaton, Abreu, or frazier gets a single and all of a sudden its 1-0.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
Only thing I really like about this is the 6pm start. It is the perfect game time start IMO. I get home, walk the dog, and then the game is on while I make dinner, eat dinner, and veg on the couch. Next thing you know its only like 8:30 and the game is close to over. Perfect time to allow me to do other things.

One problem.

The average Fenway game time is about 3 hours, 40 minutes.

Forget 8:30. Try 915-930, although, with the way the White Sox have been playing, 830's way too conservative in terms of the game being close to over.

Television stations tonite:

June 20, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Boston Red Sox

Stadium: Fenway Park

Announcers: Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone

Game telecast time: 6:00 PM Central Daylight Time / 7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time *

‘WGN Sports on my50’

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WPWR-TV Gary, Channel 50 (my network TV)

South Bend WMYS-LD South Bend, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Cable / satellite: MLB Network (out-of-market only)

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
I see Robin is still manager. Lol this organization gets what they deserve.

I kind of thought if we don't hear something in the next 90 minutes, Ventura is surviving this series.

I was somewhat hopeful they would at least make this move, but it doesn't appear it will happen. 104 days left.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
Remember when we the BoSox screwed up this franchise last year during their 7 game win streak to make us believe maybe we could make the playoffs? hopefully its the opposite this year....

Sweep us. Fire Robin. Trade off a few of your pieces and move on.

I say a few because I do believe that take out Lawrie, C, and CF and replace with "baseball players" meaning -- Kevin Keirmeirer type ppl and this team is still very good.

I just look though each year and go - why couldn't we sign a guy like Rajai Davis for pennies? Or Uribe? why is it always the other teams that sign these guys?

Rajai Davis at the top of your order stealing 40 bases would change the dynamic of this team. Hell even with Anderson at the top I feel completely different. He gets on with a single and all of a sudden steals a base.... and then eaton, Abreu, or frazier gets a single and all of a sudden its 1-0.

Many on Soxtalk weren't fooled by the win streak, though. The problem is the people fooled were the one's in charge of the team, and those few screaming of "White Flag." Yet when the season concluded those same, overly optmistic and rarely critical fans just shrugged their shoulders and essentially said, oh well!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
One problem.

The average Fenway game time is about 3 hours, 40 minutes.

Forget 8:30. Try 915-930, although, with the way the White Sox have been playing, 830's way too conservative in terms of the game being close to over.

???? Average White Sox game is 3.04. Average Red Sox game is 3.12. Red Sox have longer innings w their offense.

Anderson SS Eaton RF Abreu 1B Cabrera LF Frazier 3B Lawrie 2B Avila C Garcia DH Coats CF

Betts RF Bogaerts SS Ortiz DH Ramirez 1B Bradley Jr. CF Young LF Shaw 3B Vazquez C Hernandez 2B

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
Memo to Coats:

Low, let it go

High, let it fly

He made contact with the ball the other day. So he's making progress.