June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @ Boston 6:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
The anti-Ventura crowd largely agrees there's a talent evaluation problem too though. It's not one against the other. The manager is the first thing that could be replaced and be done over night, though.

If he does get canned, it's Renteria. Are we sure he's better than Robin?

Just reading a quick evaluation of his time with the Cubs from Baseball Presopectus and it seems like he has some of the biggest issues people have with Robin.

In-game, Renteria sometimes made some odd decisions. There were times when he’d bunt early in a game with a non-pitcher, playing for one run against a strong offensive team.

There were also lineups that Renteria constructed that seemed less than optimal, particularly when Junior Lake and his .246 OBP was placed anywhere near the top of the order.

Renteria’s handling of the bullpen was probably the most criticized part of his game, but it’s also something most managers take heat for. Renteria leaned on certain relievers quite a bit (Brian Schlitter and Neil Ramirez were used heavily until each spent time on the disabled list with minor issues. Justin Grimm led Cubs’ relievers with 73 appearances), and occasionally appeared to go to the bullpen too frequently, playing matchups that seemed to be nothing more than a reliance on the old tried-and-true same-handed heuristics.

So a knuckleballer goes 9 innings...has a fast ball that can't top 83.

How many steals did we get in this game? How many LOB? How many RISP?

Oh...and our 3B got picked off from about a foot off the bag.

Robin won't risk stealing bases against a knuckleballer slow ass pitcher but man...he LOVES to bunt.

lol.

Edited by CB2.0

Holy Mother of Gawd. I just checked MLB.com to see if Duke walked in the run after Putnam reeked and saw the score. How the hell did the Sox get out of a bases loaded no out jam???

Please summize for me!

When I turned it off, Putnam had just walked the bases loaded and I had it on the Bosox announcers who were MOCKING the White Sox and ripping them mercilessly.

So how the hell did we win???

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:44 AM)
NOW THAT IS HOW YOU WIN A DAMN BASEBALL GAME. Guys bailing each other out and situational hits (at least toward the end)...let's continue this play.

The Sox historically and again this season have been an acceptable baseball team against anybody outside of the AL Central. There are some exceptions of course but generally speaking the Sox are OK vs. everybody outside the Central.

Now greg's theory has been espoused on here often. That we are more alert or "fired up" against the "name" teams in big cities, the historical teams like Boston and the rest (I do realize the Yankees spanked us again this year and do so often) but generally speaking we are average to decent vs. everybody outside the Central and the worst team in all of humanity vs. the Central. Also the Central has us well scouted; everybody else? Not quite as well scouted as the Central teams that all own us.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
So a knuckleballer goes 9 innings...has a fast ball that can't top 83.

How many steals did we get in this game? How many LOB? How many RISP?

Oh...and our 3B got picked off from about a foot off the bag.

Robin won't risk stealing bases against a knuckleballer slow ass pitcher but man...he LOVES to bunt.

lol.

Who are you sending? Abreu? Avi? Coats? Catcher has an awesome CS rate. He has make 13 starts, now has pitched almost 100 innings and the league is 2 for 6 stealing off him. Stupid Robin.

All this information is easily accessed. You may want to look it up before you throw out more proof you have no idea what you are complaining about.

QUOTE (Green Line @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 03:09 AM)
Damn, foiled again. Just as Robin is hanging by a thread, his team pulls out a "big win". Now we will have to watch them flail around for another month before he's back on the hot seat, all because of one win.

That's OK. I think we all can agree there's no reason to root for losses to get a better draft pick. The Sox don't exactly develop talent, except for pitchers, well. So a win is a win. When we get one, enjoy it. Robin won't be back next year which is all that matters right now. If they name Renteria they will be more apt to keep him rather than getting somebody good.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Hang around,get a f***** bat and go for it.no more half measures

Sweep Boston and then I'll consider getting on this train again. That includes Shields throwing a good game. Anything else and I'm firmly fixed in the "sell everyone" crowd looking to blow it up and build for 2018/2019.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)
Who are you sending? Abreu? Avi? Coats? Catcher has an awesome CS rate. He has make 13 starts, now has pitched almost 100 innings and the league is 2 for 6 stealing off him. Stupid Robin.

All this information is easily accessed. You may want to look it up before you throw out more proof you have no idea what you are complaining about.

Do you have an actual argument?

2/6 isn't great. I hope for your sake, that isn't it for not running young guys against against a knuckleballer in your argument.

Edited by CB2.0

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 03:52 AM)
Sweep Boston and then I'll consider getting on this train again. That includes Shields throwing a good game. Anything else and I'm firmly fixed in the "sell everyone" crowd looking to blow it up and build for 2018/2019.

I won't get back on the train until we get to be 5 to 7 over .500 and actually win some series in our own division. It's apparent by now we have a non contending team.