June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @ Boston 6:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man - Gonzalez is having a great night. He's hitting 95, working the ball in/out/up/down...changing speeds, throwing breaking stuff for strikes.

Battling with tough hitters (Bogaerts, especially).

Get some damn runs, boys. Come on.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Wow. The fans cheering for the groundout thinking it got through for a hit when it got past Abreu lol

Go to a game at Fenway and you'll feel like your at Wrigley, except with a DH.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 01:39 AM)
It amazes me Hahn doesn't at least try some cheap desperation with bats. Give Crawford a shot, if he sucks or someone better becomes available, let him go. The current crew can't get it done. I don't know how much of it you can watch and still think they can become a decent offensive team .

Crawford looks done. But I agree, going with coats and Shuck for another month is a terrible plan. Shuck already leads the team in negative WAR

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 01:34 AM)
This offense is just so bad year in year out. All on the front office and their inability to develop big league hitters.

Do we have anybody in the lineup other than Anderson that we have developed?

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
Man - Gonzalez is having a great night. He's hitting 95, working the ball in/out/up/down...changing speeds, throwing breaking stuff for strikes.

He's been a pleasure to watch. These are the kinds of no-risk acquisitions that teams not exactly in it at the deadline can sell off to make something out of nothing. It wouldn't be much, but a team with decent scouting could probably walk away with something more than a bag of baseballs and a few extra bucks to blow on next year's annual dumpster diving excursions.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
It amazes me Hahn doesn't at least try some cheap desperation with bats. Give Crawford a shot, if he sucks or someone better becomes available, let him go. The current crew can't get it done. I don't know how much of it you can watch and still think they can become a decent offensive team .

What's sad is we have a DH with an OPS below .700 and Hahn can't find anyone to help that spot immediately. I'm all for giving Mornaeu a look, but he's another 4 weeks away bare minimum. There has to be someone out there, whether stuck on a major league bench or in the minors, that can hit better than Avi right now even if they provide no utility elsewhere. But nope, we continue to trot out Avi or even worse Shuck on a daily basis. Hahn has no one else to blame for this nonsense but himself.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
What's sad is we have a DH with an OPS below .700 and Hahn can't find anyone to help that spot immediately. I'm all for giving Mornaeu a look, but he's another 4 weeks away bare minimum. There has to be someone out there, whether stuck on a major league bench or in the minors, that can hit better than Avi right now even if they provide no utility elsewhere. But nope, we continue to trot out Avi or even worse Shuck on a daily basis. Hahn has no one else to blame for this nonsense but himself.

Arcia? Grichuk?