Rick Hahn

FT35

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 05:52 PM)
Dear Mr. Keymaster:

Just for your information, it's summer vacation time for teachers. Thanks for your concern/s about my posting habits. If you have any good book recommendations, would love to hear them. I've seen every possible movie so far, caught up with Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley and am waiting to buy books back in the U.S.

At any rate, I will be traveling to (and throughout) the US for three weeks starting on July 16th so please don't encourage Dick Allen to feel too encouraged or he'll start writing taunting posts even when I won't be there to respond, then claiming some type of Pyrrhic victory...whether the Sox are playing well or not.

Maybe if he's lucky, all of Central China will be washed away first and he won't have to hear from me again, and he can go back to debating with Thad Bosley & Co.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,

The Caulfield12

PS: Hope there are more comics-related movies coming out soon for you to dissect.

:lol:

Let me find the aloe I feel so burnt

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
- Anderson wasn't drafted yet.

- Semien was the Sox 16th overall prospect.

- Trayce was looking more bust than anything.

- Micah hadn't broken out until that season.

- De Aza had no value.

- You are the biggest Rios hero worshiper in existence.

Rios is exactly what GS is always preaching about. We moved a highly paid and bad player off of the books and got back a prospect in return. It is the most Greensox trade there is.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
While De Aza had a bad year his last year, he produced for the Sox the prior 2 years; and somehow he made it on a world series team. I omitted another Hahn giveaway - Thornton.

Of course I would never trade for Rios. But he had a .749 OPS, after years of .850 and .756 and had the all-important credential of being "proven." Shall I list the names of players with similar stats that this board has pined for, oogled over? And when I have suggested offering L Garcia for said players, I get scoffed at, as if it's an insult to such high talent. Yes he had a bad contract...so do certain other parties.... Money over prospects.

And, indeed, Caufield, I omitted several "million here, a million there" Hahn signings like Paulino et al. What could you do with that money...oh, maybe pay a few big international bonuses.....

I don't get it, was that a defense of Rios? Sure didn't read like it. The guy was worth 0.5 WAR combined the last two seasons, he was a replacement level player who was a declining veteran, the exact type of player you're always droning on about, and yet for some reason he's the guy you're willing to completely contradict yourself for, just because it fits your anti-Sox agenda.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
Caulfield, don't you have a newborn? How in the world do you have this much free time? Not trying to hate, I just know how much time a two year old sucks out of your life.

Yes, we have a nanny and the grandmother stays with us....so it's a lot different from the "Western" idea of childraising.

I am good at feeding, being patient (honed from years dealing with Dick Allen) and entertaining/holding. He's to the point where I can alternate between ipad and watching him. Plus, he loves to look at anything digital and investigate (ipad/iphone/laptop). In the morning, he enjoys music on CCTV-15 and cartoons, so that helps keep him occupied.

And he's 16 months old, so not speaking many intelligible words but running like a demon all over the place, trying to touch/grab/hold everything within reach and many things that are not.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Yes, we have a nanny and the grandmother stays with us....so it's a lot different from the "Western" idea of childraising.

I am good at feeding, being patient (honed from years dealing with Dick Allen) and entertaining/holding. He's to the point where I can alternate between ipad and watching him. Plus, he loves to look at anything digital and investigate (ipad/iphone/laptop). In the morning, he enjoys music on CCTV-15 and cartoons, so that helps keep him occupied.

And he's 16 months old, so not speaking many intelligible words but running like a demon all over the place, trying to touch/grab/hold everything within reach and many things that are not.

Is he ready to lead a Chinese Democratic revolution yet?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
Is he ready to lead a Chinese Democratic revolution yet?

The U.S. is not a democracy. Being a democrat would get you killed over there. And nation building? Really? Not a good idea to create another power vacuum and arm radicals which is the reason ISIS exists in the first place.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
The U.S. is not a democracy. Being a democrat would get you killed over there. And nation building? Really? Not a good idea to create another power vacuum and arm radicals which is the reason ISIS exists in the first place.

Spoken like a communist. Viva la democracy! #freechina

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
So why is the first 5 weeks not accurate, but the next five weeks are accurate? Why is it the worst case scenario, and not something in between?

You can't really use a stat avg to evaluate the current state of the bullpen. Bad numbers from the last couple of months are brought up, because of the better numbers in the first few weeks.

Rick Hahn is jealous we're not discussing him anymore.

Maybe he can run as Trump's VP!!!

As far as democracy, SMALL D, goes...China is changing a lot more to the Mao Zedong "command and control" authoritarian style than it ever was during the entire period of Hu Jintao and Wen Jiaobao. Obviously, with economic fortunes turning and the ability of people to organize through social media increasing (not to mention issues with Islamic separatism in western China), they're doubling down in terms of trying to maintain control of the country, propaganda, the RMB/stock market/capital outflows, etc.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
That water in Michigan City is rotting your brain. Must be all that mercury and industrial sludge.

Apparently you have totally missed the ability to comprehend humor, and are just resorting to personal attacks to make up for it.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
You can't really use a stat avg to evaluate the current state of the bullpen. Bad numbers from the last couple of months are brought up, because of the better numbers in the first few weeks.

The current state of the bullpen has been fairly good, despite losing multiple members of the pen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
The current state of the bullpen has been fairly good, despite losing multiple members of the pen.

Whatever you say, chief.

I was at a game last week where the BP almost blew a 9-1 lead in the 9th. Plenty of boos when Robin came in to finally pull the guys that weren't getting it done

Maybe the crowd on the 1st base side should have given Purke and Jennings a standing O on their way back to the dugout

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
Whatever you say, chief.

I was at a game last week where the BP almost blew a 9-1 lead in the 9th. Plenty of boos when Robin came in to finally pull the guys that weren't getting it done

Maybe the crowd on the 1st base side should have given Purke and Jennings a standing O on their way back to the dugout

Yes. We shouldn't base the state of the bullpen on stats where they looked good. We should ignore those numbers and instead focus on when they were bad, and that one game you went to. I have no idea what Rick Hahn is thinking.

A DH hitting for a lower OPS number than a defense-first CF tells you everything you need to know.

The triumvirate of Robertson/Jones/Duke is fine. Jennings has been pretty good but Ventura has rarely trusted him as a higher leverage guy.

The obvious problem is with Albers and everyone else they've tried from AAA. I suppose Ynoa's been a bit better than expected.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Yes. We shouldn't base the state of the bullpen on stats where they looked good. We should ignore those numbers and instead focus on when they were bad, and that one game you went to. I have no idea what Rick Hahn is thinking.

C'mon, use some common sense…. If a guy has 10 AB's and gets 10 hits… he's batting 1.000.. if he then goes 20 AB's and gets 0 hits… even though he has exhibited terrible batsmanship during the last stretch of performance.. he's batting .300.. which normally is pretty good.. except it doesn't reflect the fact the current state of his performance, as it stands.... is a 000 average… pretty bad…

On larger scale, lets' look at this example.. Kenny Williams was the GM when the Sox won the World Series in 05, but in the meantime.. one playoff appearance over going on 11 yrs, despite the fact that the playoffs have been expanded… understood, he hasn't been the GM over this entire stretch, but HE"S THE GM"S SUPERIOR

Now, the apologists, as yourself.. stand fast in their believe that KW and the organization gets a break, and all the benefit of the doubt…

And the only thing the whiny Sox fans want to do is focus on lackluster showing by the franchise over the past decade, instead of focusing on 2005

Thankfully you're just some dude spouting an opinion on an internet board, cause if you were the GM you'd have Estaban Loaiza signed cause he was 21-9 in 2003… because, hey, we should focus on the state and performance of a player.. when they looked good...

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
C'mon, use some common sense…. If a guy has 10 AB's and gets 10 hits… he's batting 1.000.. if he then goes 20 AB's and gets 0 hits… even though he has exhibited terrible batsmanship during the last stretch of performance.. he's batting .300.. which normally is pretty good.. except it doesn't reflect the fact the current state of his performance, as it stands.... is a 000 average… pretty bad…

On larger scale, lets' look at this example.. Kenny Williams was the GM when the Sox won the World Series in 05, but in the meantime.. one playoff appearance over going on 11 yrs, despite the fact that the playoffs have been expanded… understood, he hasn't been the GM over this entire stretch, but HE"S THE GM"S SUPERIOR

Now, the apologists, as yourself.. stand fast in their believe that KW and the organization gets a break, and all the benefit of the doubt…

And the only thing the whiny Sox fans want to do is focus on lackluster showing by the franchise over the past decade, instead of focusing on 2005

Thankfully you're just some dude spouting an opinion on an internet board, cause if you were the GM you'd have Estaban Loaiza signed cause he was 21-9 in 2003… because, hey, we should focus on the state and performance of a player.. when they looked good...

Actually yes, please, let's start using some common sense. You do realize that a .333 batting average is NOT made up up a guy who gets a hit every three AB's, right? There are good stretches and bad stretches built in to get to whatever average the player is at. Instead of focusing on something that happened in one game, or only the part of the season you somehow feel is relevant, you can focus on the whole picture, or you can focus on what is actually happening now. Or you can bury your head in the sand and tell yourself that only the worst case scenario matters and that one game you went to was way more important than the sum of the other 83 games you didn't go go.

But hey, don't let me stop you from changing the subject to find a one off example from 13 years ago instead of everything else.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
The affirmative decision to rush up Rodon and his stunted development as a #4 is another feather in Hahn's cap ( Cooper's as well). Cooper's continued status as whitesox deity another issue as well.

You should tweet this at write sox again