Rick Hahn

FT35

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
So in one thread you say blow this team up. In this one they just need a hitter the owner is too cheap to acquire. Seems you can't pick a lane.

Yes I can. I want this team to be blown up. But this owner wouldn't spend on the hitter we needed this offseason and it's showing. Try comprehending.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Cespedes was there for the taking. So what's it have to do with then?

I'm sorry, JR isn't cheap for not offering 30M a season for three seasons. That's ludicrous

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
I'm sorry, JR isn't cheap for not offering 30M a season for three seasons. That's ludicrous

Again I never said he was cheap. He spent on DRob, Melky, Abreu. You're thinking I implied that. Try reading again.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Again I never said he was cheap. He spent on DRob, Melky, Abreu. You're thinking I implied that. Try reading again.

You are implying it, quit playing semantics

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 01:12 AM)

One difference- Guerra was on the Whitesox. He was not on those other teams recently. Cooper wouldn't use him.

Sure he was a fluke. But flukes happen. Guerra pitched off the charts in Charlotte before being called up. Just need to be aware when it's your good fortune.

No need to make excuses for Cooper and the rest of the evaluators. That was a poor job with personnel.

When Hahn abruptly cut the rebuild short, he had 5 years of Q and Sale. Now it's down to 3.5 years with little progress made. Foolishly saddled team with 2.5 years of Shields. What to do?

So what? That still means he pitched, and every other team in baseball could watch him. The White Sox and Brewers are FAR from the only franchises he has pitched for. He was through at least the Braves and Mets, not to mention indpendent leagues, Mexican league, Venezuelan league, and something called the Hawaii winter league. If anything it was the White Sox who plucked him from the obscurity of Tiburones de La Guaira and the Wichita Lugnuts to get him into the majors at 30 years old. 29 other teams blew it on that, considering how many times the guy has been released and waived.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)

Definitely implying it because Cespedes didn't come cheap at all at 3 years 75 million with 27.5 million in the first year. Did you want him to spend 30 million a year on Cespedes?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Definitely implying it because Cespedes didn't come cheap at all at 3 years 75 million with 27.5 million in the first year. Did you want him to spend 30 million a year on Cespedes?

Not at all. He's spent on other FAs. I'm just saying its on him for not getting the bat. Go big or go home. Guess what? The Sox are going home once again.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
Not at all. He's spent on other FAs. I'm just saying its on him for not getting the bat. Go big or go home. Guess what? The Sox are going home once again.

That is beyond go big, that is just stupid to offer Cespedes that kind of money. And they would have to top 30M per year to get him out of NY

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
At what point do we pull plug on this thing? We're a game over .500. Close to being in the same mediocre position we were in at the deadline last year. Still can't win in the division, and struggling offense as well. I say we unload at the deadline.

If I had to guess, I'd say they would need to move substantially below .500 in the next 10 days in order to sell. If they went 1-9 in the first 10 out of the break that could very well do it. I sincerely doubt they would do so if they were any closer than that and frankly they'd still have plausible reason to think a winning streak that could push them back in would be coming otherwise.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
At what point do we pull plug on this thing? We're a game over .500. Close to being in the same mediocre position we were in at the deadline last year. Still can't win in the division, and struggling offense as well. I say we unload at the deadline.

I think Sox are standing pat because they'd have been making moves by now, starting with Frazier, Robertson. Waiting til right before the deadline means we'll get robbed again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
I think Sox are standing pat because they'd have been making moves by now, starting with Frazier, Robertson. Waiting til right before the deadline means we'll get robbed again.

Hmmm...I think them holding off what they are doing has more to do with the fact that a lot can happen in the 2 weeks before the deadline. They themselves could get back in it with a little run. More teams could join the race--meaning more teams would bid on our players if we sell--driving the price up. More teams could fall out--meaning more sellers to buy from if we happen to get back in it. I don't really think we know for sure that they are standing pat now because they haven't moved anyone out yet. The picture is pretty clear to us--but murky do to all that can happen in the next 2 weeks.

Cub fans are just dying to see the Sox "blow it up" and become bottom dwellers for the forseeable future. Admit it if that is what you want to see. The fact is that not every team that fails to make the playoffs is going to blow it up, try to get the highest Draft pick by having the worst record in baseball, and hope a budding star is available with that high pick that will turn the whole franchise around.

The suggestion to trade Sale is a non-starter. He is a franchise player which means his value supersedes hos value on the field. His name is on countless fans jerseys and he has become synonymous with the White Sox. He ain't goin' nowhere. And neither is Quintana, Rodon Fulmer or Nate Jones. The pitching core stays for stability of the team and the franchise.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
The pitching core stays for stability of the team and the franchise.

a steady diet of a lot more games where the opposition scores three runs or less .. and the Sox lose….. oh joy

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Cub fans are just dying to see the Sox "blow it up" and become bottom dwellers for the forseeable future. Admit it if that is what you want to see. The fact is that not every team that fails to make the playoffs is going to blow it up, try to get the highest Draft pick by having the worst record in baseball, and hope a budding star is available with that high pick that will turn the whole franchise around.

The suggestion to trade Sale is a non-starter. He is a franchise player which means his value supersedes hos value on the field. His name is on countless fans jerseys and he has become synonymous with the White Sox. He ain't goin' nowhere. And neither is Quintana, Rodon Fulmer or Nate Jones. The pitching core stays for stability of the team and the franchise.

Sale will be going somewhere after the 2019 season. Thats three and half ish years. Sox dont give out large contracts and long ones so i really dont see them keeping sale. So thats means probably dealt sometime before hand to get something for him then let him walk for nothing

There definitely needs to be sweeping changes throughout the organization barring a miraculous comeback from this club.

Hahn has to go. He's just not doing a great job with his moves with the big league club. That's putting it kindly. I'm ok with the drafting the past few seasons, this year in particular. But something needs to happen. Need fresh outside group of faces to come in and hopefully fix this. Then fire the entire coaching staff. Hire their guys they want and begin the process of unloading our stars. Build a new core for 2018 and beyond. Punt 2017 and make it a development year for guys like Rodon, Fulmer, Burdi, Guerrero, Hansen, Anderson, Collins, Engel, Adams,and Trey. Unload our stars and trust they can make those moves correctly and build a perennial winner in the future. We can reshape this franchise with the right rebuild. I just don't see it getting any better. Hahn can't make the correct moves along with his pro scouts. This failure will cause the team to waste the careers of our core.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)

To be honest, I could give a rat's ass about the Cubs and their fans. This is about the White Sox getting to where they can compete year in year out and have a realistic championship window.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
To be honest, I could give a rat's ass about the Cubs and their fans. This is about the White Sox getting to where they can compete year in year out and have a realistic championship window.

Exactly, who cares about the Cubs. So what if the Sox have to rebuild and be terrible for 5 years. The Cubs have been terrible for 100+.