DC Films

Boopa1219

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
$424 million dollars this weekend. Making it the highest grossing comic book movie of all time. Seems like critics and sox talk hate the movie but the world still went to go watch. Next few weeks like Balta said the numbers will more than likely drop due to bad reception.

It's not a movie for everyone, but watching the trinity on screen together is/was amazing.

Bring on suicide squad baby!!! Let's see how a non synder movie is made. I love David Ayers work.

It will continue doing well because nothing is coming out until mid April that could possibly compete with it.

I still loved it. 3/4 stars for me.

Looking forward to Suicide Squad now.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
If you're in this thread not expecting spoilers... I'm on my phone so you've been warned.

I don't know where to start.

Batman kills people relentlessly now. Neat. Kryptonite is more widely available than salt. Apparently we are just burning through the death of superman to burn through the return. This in itself could have been an entire franchise of films. They f***ing destroyed the Doomsday storyline.

Why was Wonderwoman in this movie? Suddenly she appears! Somehow Bruce Wayne knows.

Batman was prepared to straight up kill Superman but you know they both have Moms so he can't do it.

I've never seen a movie jump around so out of control. The storylines were all over the place. How could this pile of s*** follow Nolan's Batman universe? Batman's just cruising around in his Batmobile murdering people with guns left and right. Bob Kane is rolling over in his grave.

Hey look! Lois is in trouble! Hey look! Superman is temporarily weakened by Kryptonite but he's back and now he's weak and now he's back! What the f***!

The dream sequence where Batman is in a trench coat blowing people away with automatic weapons!

Lex Luthor! WTF! I cannot express how terrible Eisenberg was in this movie.

Batman can simply go save Martha Kent but Superman can't? Superman is at the mercy of Lex because of this?

Again, what on Earth was the Doomsday s***?

I really wanted to walk out on this one, but my wife was sleeping soundly next to me so I stuck it out. I've seen better storytelling and production value on YouTube.

Why does Snyder keep making money? I guarantee I could have written a better script, by the way.

I stand by my stance. This is the worst movie I've ever seen. Don't waste your money and more importantly your time. f*** this movie and f*** everyone involved in making it.

Bob Kane used to have Batman kill people all the time. He had Batman throw criminals off buildings.

Batman vs Superman was a pretty big mess, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. There was some stuff I really liked and other things I thought were really dumb.

The thing that ended up bothering the most was that Metropolis and Gotham were right next to each other. I thought that was really odd.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Batman vs Superman was a pretty big mess, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. There was some stuff I really liked and other things I thought were really dumb.

The thing that ended up bothering the most was that Metropolis and Gotham were right next to each other. I thought that was really odd.

In my head, I always pictured them on a map kind of like Springfield is on the simpsons. Whenever it is time to pinpoint exactly where it is at, it gets obscured lol

It is strange though, you would think there would be a lot of Superman/Batman overlap

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
In my head, I always pictured them on a map kind of like Springfield is on the simpsons. Whenever it is time to pinpoint exactly where it is at, it gets obscured lol

It is strange though, you would think there would be a lot of Superman/Batman overlap

I always kinda figured they were like Chicago and New York City type distance or even Boston and New York City. I don't remember ever reading about them being sister cities.

I feel like they did it as a convenience thing in the movie. They wanted to have the two heroes jumping back and forth between cities quickly. Kinda lazy writing if that's the case. I had a hard time telling the two cities apart. I think they should have done a better job of making them look different.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
It was decent, although it could have (should have) been better. It is far, far from the travesty some are making it out to be. Worst movie ever? LMFAO

I agree it could have been even better than it was, but given the creative challenge of basically creating the entire DC universe with a single movie, I think it did a pretty damn good job.

First off, I'm a huge fan of Batman and Superman, by far my favorite two superheroes.

I don't care about Jimmy Olsen. (SPOILERS COMING IN CASE ANYONE DIDN'T SEE IT)

They kill Olsen off at the beginning of the movie without ever so much as even naming him. A lot of fans got what I tend to call "fake upset" about this, because let's be honest...Jimmy Olsen is a minor character of almost zero importance today.

Batman has been doing this for decades, and he's come to the point (he says so much in the film), that he's tired of criminals and losing ground to them because he's always played by the rules and they do not. Alfred mentioned to him that he's become cruel in this scene...but it's clear that this Batman is damaged emotionally (see the Robin scene), and simply doesn't give a f*** anymore.

I LOVED that about this Batman.

He's just DONE playing games and he's going to punch peoples faces into the ground. Which he did. And it was awesome.

I loved the dream sequence, and in case anyone didn't catch the dream sequence or what it foreshadowed, that was Darkseid: Note the winged demons in the dream and the omega symbol.

While I wasn't fond of the way they created Doomsday in this movie, I let it go, because let's be real, logic leaps like this are kind of necessary in superhero movies...and also, when Doomsday first emerged, I thought it looked stupid...HOWEVER, after a few battlescars, I was like yes...NOW THAT'S DOOMSDAY.

I loved the finale of the fight scene between Batman and Superman, and I feel this pivotal scene is what just flew over most peoples heads. The fact that Bruce Wayne and Superman's mothers shared the same name is what kicked this older, emotionally damaged Batman out of his rage long enough for him to finally put two-and-two together.

Superman wasn't just some foreign alien that "could decide to kill all of humanity", which Bruce Wayne eludes too in his conversation with Alfred...and as Batman, at the moment, he realized that while Superman may not be from Earth, his connection with an Earth mother, etc., makes him human.

Lois, I love the actor, but once again she's used to show up whenever/whenever she's necessary for little reason, and it's stuff like this I think they could have done better...BUT, that's why I didn't rate it 10/10.

All in all, I loved the secrets hidden throughout the movie...and while yes, it could have been better...it was way better than a lot of other superhero movies I've seen.

Edited by Y2HH

I loved the nightmare he was having about the future. I think it will help set up some stuff in Justice League.

That being said, I can see how it confused people who don't read the comics. I had to explain to my wife about what that was all about.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
I loved the nightmare he was having about the future. I think it will help set up some stuff in Justice League.

That being said, I can see how it confused people who don't read the comics. I had to explain to my wife about what that was all about.

Did you catch the Flash in that scene? He traveled back in time to warn Batman what was coming, a power The Flash has via his speed that he rarely uses.

But yes, the biggest complaint I can see is this was VERY comic-bookie, and if you aren't aware of the DC universe, you'd miss a LOT of what went down in this movie. Even I missed stuff, but I'm ok with that, gives it re-watchability. ;)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
I always kinda figured they were like Chicago and New York City type distance or even Boston and New York City. I don't remember ever reading about them being sister cities.

I feel like they did it as a convenience thing in the movie. They wanted to have the two heroes jumping back and forth between cities quickly. Kinda lazy writing if that's the case. I had a hard time telling the two cities apart. I think they should have done a better job of making them look different.

I always considered Gotham to be New York and Metropolis to be Los Angeles.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
I always considered Gotham to be New York and Metropolis to be Los Angeles.

To be honest, I don't think this matters. When both were created, they really didn't exist in the same universe at all...it wasn't until later crossovers of the characters, such as the Justice League, etc., where they even started acknowledging other heroes existed in their worlds.

Myself, I kind of felt Gotham was Chicago and Metropolis was NY.

That said, I don't care that they were next to each other "across the bay"...it was convenient for the movie, and makes things a bit more realistic, otherwise a hero like Batman who cannot fly to co-exist with Superman, etc.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
Did you catch the Flash in that scene? He traveled back in time to warn Batman what was coming, a power The Flash has via his speed that he rarely uses.

But yes, the biggest complaint I can see is this was VERY comic-bookie, and if you aren't aware of the DC universe, you'd miss a LOT of what went down in this movie. Even I missed stuff, but I'm ok with that, gives it re-watchability. ;)

I hope that part with the Flash ends up playing a bigger role in future movies. That would be cool.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
I always thought that Central City was Chicago.

Chicago just seems more Gotham to me than LA. Hence why I always thought of Chicago as Gotham. A city of corrupt politicians and gangsters -- which is what Gotham is. That's Chicago.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
It was decent, although it could have (should have) been better. It is far, far from the travesty some are making it out to be. Worst movie ever? LMFAO

In my opinion, it is the worst movie I have ever seen. Let me go send Wonder Woman an email about this like Bruce Wayne did.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
In my opinion, it is the worst movie I have ever seen. Let me go send Wonder Woman an email about this like Bruce Wayne did.

So it's worse than Glitter and Gigli? Eh, you may not have seen those...but I'm positive you've seen worse movies. We get it, you hated it...and that's fine...but your complaining over an email is a bit silly.

Let me go send an email to Wonder Woman because sending email to a person that showed up at one of your company sponsored events is so hard to do these days...

I mean, let's question sending an email in a world where people fly, shoot lasers from their faces and entire cities gets destroyed in god death matches.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
So it's worse than Glitter and Gigli? Eh, you may not have seen those...but I'm positive you've seen worse movies.

Maybe Steve hasn't seen those movies, like most of the world.

It's his opinion. RT is down to 29% so he's probably not alone in his negative opinions.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
Maybe Steve hasn't seen those movies, like most of the world.

It's his opinion. RT is down to 29% so he's probably not alone in his negative opinions.

Completely understandable.

But 29% isn't near the lowest RT score of all time.

And also, what is with people and RT? That site gave Dark Knight Rises almost a 90%...and that movie actually did suck.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Completely understandable.

But 29% isn't near the lowest RT score of all time.

And also, what is with people and RT? That site gave Dark Knight Rises almost a 90%...and that movie actually did suck.

It's obviously not an exact science and has a lot of grey areas but for the most part I believe it's a good reference as to what to expect, especially with the more critics that are used.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Do people really get mad because someone sent an email in a movie? Is that like a real thing.

Honestly, it seems like a pretty logical way to send someone information.

He listed all the problems he had with it. More than just the email thing. I can see some of his complaints. Everyone has an opinion.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
He listed all the problems he had with it. More than just the email thing. I can see some of his complaints. Everyone has an opinion.

I agree, I can even agree with some of complaints, but others, not so much...people feel how they feel. Even the things I had issues were I just find minor to how much I enjoyed it overall.