DC Films

Boopa1219

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, superheroes kill people in just about every movie and a ton in comic books. I'm sick of that argument.

The opening scene in Superman/Batman was one of my favorite. It shows the consequences of a super hero and super villain fighting in a large city. People are getting killed, it was unique way to look at a giant fight like that.

I think Age of Ultron should have done something similar when the city was being raised into the sky. They actually might talk more about that in Civil War.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
Yeah, superheroes kill people in just about every movie and a ton in comic books. I'm sick of that argument.

The opening scene in Superman/Batman was one of my favorite. It shows the consequences of a super hero and super villain fighting in a large city. People are getting killed, it was unique way to look at a giant fight like that.

I think Age of Ultron should have done something similar when the city was being raised into the sky. They actually might talk more about that in Civil War.

Um, of course it is being talked about. In the trailer they are talking about it, that is the impetus for the Sokovia Accords

Well, this scene WB released simultaneously answers and raises several questions.

Also the Knightmare scene and other stuff was hell to follow for me and I've at least read a decent chunk of DC comics.

Also Metropolis and Gotham are across the harbor from each other in the comics. I think they're somewhere in New Jersey? Central City is in the midwest.

Worth noting that cities like New York, LA, Chicago, etc. all still exist.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Um, of course it is being talked about. In the trailer they are talking about it, that is the impetus for the Sokovia Accords

I just saw that quick little clip in the trailer. I've never read any of the Civil War stuff from Marvel.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
I just saw that quick little clip in the trailer. I've never read any of the Civil War stuff from Marvel.

It's a little more nazi-esque people registering than it is protecting ourselves from alien threats

Since we were chatting about this earlier, here's an update:

However, the new estimates, which put Batman v Superman’s take at $166.1 million domestically for an adjusted global total of $420.1 million. Still impressive. That 2.35% dollar deficit has knocked the film from the perch of Warner Bros. best opening ever; the #1 spot is still held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with $169.2 million. So close.

And yet the reason for the drop in estimates from Friday and Saturday’s box office numbers to the actual report on Monday is this: Batman v Superman has apparently set the worst Friday-to-Sunday domestic box office drop rate for a superhero movie ever. As Forbes reports, the Stateside box office take for BvS dropped from Friday’s $82 million to Sunday’s $37 million, for a drop of 55%. For a comparison, Fantastic Four dropped 48% over the course of its opening weekend. Even taking the Easter Sunday holiday out of the equation, Batman v Superman’s Friday-to-Saturday drop came in at 38%, second worst only to The Dark Knight Rises’ 40% drop.

This opening weekend drop over the film’s first three days in theaters not only accounts for the over-estimated box office, it heralds lower-than-anticipated totals for Batman v Superman’s total theatrical run. Negative critical reviews and already slackening box office turn-out suggest that the film will ultimately hit closer to Iron Man 3’s $409 million than Marvel’s The Avengers’ $623 million. We’ve said it on previous box office write-ups: Batman v Superman was expected to have a massive opening weekend; the real test of its success will be told in the weeks ahead.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)
Just saw it a second time. :P

Yes Soxtalk i'm crazy in love. Please don't hate on me

Man, if you love it, love it! We can all provide our opinion, but if it brings you joy, who are we to rag on you?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)

God's Not Dead warranted a sequel?

It's going to struggle to make $100 million in China right now...current position is $75 million and falling like a rock due to three or four new Chinese movies out for Qingming (Tomb Sweeping) Festival.

You basically can't break $1 billion these days in global box office without getting 25% of it from China.

OTOH, Zootopia has done really well here. The best movies obviously are carried well by word of mouth in any country.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
The trailer for GND2 is the most eye rolling trailer ever.

You mean the presence of Melissa Joan Hart, Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives) and Robin Givens wasn't enough to draw you in?

The first film with Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) was watchable only in the sense he was such a jackass you were cheering for something bad to happen to him...it wasn't quite in Kirk Cameron territory.

Even the Left Behind books had potential with the right director...and Nicholas Cage not hamming it up too much.

But back to the Batman reboot (for about the fifth time now)...did anyone read that quote from Kevin Smith that Affleck's script was Oscar worthy? Who's going to direct it? It will come after Wonder Woman, I presume? Or after another DC Comics "throw everything but the kitchen sink into it" movie?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
Affleck is directing it as far as I know. So there is some hope for it. I wonder if we'll see Bruce's parents get killed again.

Or Bat-Jesus rise from the well.

If Affleck directs the Batman movie as well, I'm 100% on board with it.

My only stipulation is that it retains sassy Alfred.

I went to see it. I was skeptical going in, and my expectations were lowered- but I liked it. Batman is really the only superhero that I had any interest in while I was growing up (via the cartoon on Fox); never really cared about Superman.

To me, the Nolan trilogy is far and away the best thing that happened to the character/franchise, so I was relieved that there weren't really any traces of it in BvS. Obviously, Nolan, Bale & friends weren't involved, but that wasn't stopping anyone from attempting something very similar stylistically- and I appreciated that they didn't. I'll probably see it again just because there was a lot going on in the movie.

I liked how the opening scene was an event from Man of Steel from a different perspective.

The branding scene was a great way to introduce Batman to the audience. It was similar in a way to the dock scene in Batman Begins, but the suspense you felt in BB was more of a fear in BvS. There were no doubts that this was a good guy during the BB dock scene- you almost got the impression that it was some sort of monster during the BvS branding scene. I prefer the former over the latter, but the latter was also well done.

Batmobile reminded me of a dune buggy, but I'm glad they didn't just borrow/re-use the Tumbler.

Some DCEU news:

Wonder Woman has been moved up from June 23, 2017 to June 2, 2017, which is the same date that Ninja Turtles 2 has. Gal Gadot said that the film is dark.

Warner Bros. announced two more DC films recently. The release dates are October 6, 2017 and October 19, 2018. One of those probably is the solo Batman flick, which has a completed script written by Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns. I really hope one of these is the Green Arrow: Super Max film, the script is online and it's written by Justin Marx, who wrote the upcoming Jungle Book film. If anyone wants a few hours to kill, check it out.

Suicide Squad test screened and there is a lot more Batman then they're leading on.

People are saying that the Suicide Squad reshoots are for action sequences and not humor. Someone who works on the set, said on twitter that the reshoots were mandated by the studio, not David Ayer.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
Some DCEU news:

Wonder Woman has been moved up from June 23, 2017 to June 2, 2017, which is the same date that Ninja Turtles 2 has. Gal Gadot said that the film is dark.

Warner Bros. announced two more DC films recently. The release dates are October 6, 2017 and October 19, 2018. One of those probably is the solo Batman flick, which has a completed script written by Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns. I really hope one of these is the Green Arrow: Super Max film, the script is online and it's written by Justin Marx, who wrote the upcoming Jungle Book film. If anyone wants a few hours to kill, check it out.

Suicide Squad test screened and there is a lot more Batman then they're leading on.

People are saying that the Suicide Squad reshoots are for action sequences and not humor. Someone who works on the set, said on twitter that the reshoots were mandated by the studio, not David Ayer.

God yes for the Batman flick.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
God yes for the Batman flick.

Daniel Alter said it best, that the Ben Affleck casting decision built a fire wall around the DCEU, say what you will about BvS people love Affleck's Batman.

And smart move by WB on fast tracking it, but I wonder how they're going to make the schedule work as it pertains to Affleck