DC Films

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
OK it was decent. Immediate thoughts

Margot Robbie was everything anyone wanted Harley Quinn to be. Phenomenal.

Leto did a decent job with the Joker. Very creepy. More like Nicholson than Ledger I think but he's his own guy. Not really sure what I think of the Joker/Harley relationship in the movie, it's not romance, the Joker is abusive towards her but then again the movie focused more on her than him and she thinks she's in love with him (not anymore in the comics but still).

Viola Davis was a bad ass Amanda Waller. She is one in the comics fast you low key can't f*** with.

Will Smith was Will Smith. You've seen him act before.

I agree with what has been said about the soundtrack. They were trying to be like Guardians of the Galaxy with the classic tracks but they were doing the most.

The CGI on the villain in the second half was unnecessary and looked like a Xbox 360 game from 2007.

Ending and the credits scene is setting up the Justice League and the next solo Batman movie.

This summed up my thoughts exactly.

Only thing I'd like to add is that El Diablo was well done.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently a lot of Joker/Harley Quinn was cut out of the film because it was too graphic and would've pushed the film to a R rating. If anyone is familiar with their relationship you know that it's extremely abusive and toxic, I love how the movie alluded to that without any exposition and over the top moments, it was done really subtly.

The movie is much better the second time and I am super excited for the solo Harley Quinn film.

I think the Suicide Squad franchise should be the DCEU's equivalent to the Mission Impossible/Fast & Furious franchises. Each film gets a new director, a new take and genre. The main cast stays (Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Flagg, and Katana) the same but each film brings a new crop of supporting characters. That being said, I think it was Ayer is coming back for the sequel, he's going to start after he wraps Bright (another Will Smith film).

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 03:13 AM)
Apparently a lot of Joker/Harley Quinn was cut out of the film because it was too graphic and would've pushed the film to a R rating. If anyone is familiar with their relationship you know that it's extremely abusive and toxic, I love how the movie alluded to that without any exposition and over the top moments, it was done really subtly.

The movie is much better the second time and I am super excited for the solo Harley Quinn film.

I think the Suicide Squad franchise should be the DCEU's equivalent to the Mission Impossible/Fast & Furious franchises. Each film gets a new director, a new take and genre. The main cast stays (Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Flagg, and Katana) the same but each film brings a new crop of supporting characters. That being said, I think it was Ayer is coming back for the sequel, he's going to start after he wraps Bright (another Will Smith film).

I would LOVE a Suicide Squad directed by Tarantino and not just because of the fan made "Tarantino's Suicide Squad" trailer.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
I would LOVE a Suicide Squad directed by Tarantino and not just because of the fan made "Tarantino's Suicide Squad" trailer.

I thought the same thing watching the movie, that how the source material is perfectly suited to Tarantino but that won't happen.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 8, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Anyway, Suicide Squad wasn't amazing but it sure as hell was decent and a fun time. Robbie was ridiculously good.

My take as well.

Also, did anyone catch the factoid in Harley Quinn's on-screen dossier that

she was an accomplice to Robin's murder

?

I didn't catch that bit about Harley Quinn in the movie. She was the best part of the movie.

I thought the movie was was pretty good. One thing I didn't like about it was the over use of pop/rock/rap songs. It was like every scene change there was a another song. I don't mind a little bit of that, but I generally prefer a good score.

I also really liked the Joker in this movie, I mean he still looks dumb with gold chains and bad 90's tattoos, but he was pretty creepy and unsettling. A very different Joker than the one Heath Ledger played.

On the recommendation of one of my employees, I began The Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman last night. I got about half way through before I had to succumb to the needs of sleep, so that means we haven't gotten to ANY trainwreck Doomsday stuff yet.

The first half of this ultimate edition would have earned a solid B from me. They added so much more that explains why the heroes act the way they do and explains so much more. I was seriously really enjoying the first half of the new edition, and I believe that's where most of the new (or previously cut) footage resides.

If they'd stuck with this to have a slower build up and focused only on the growth of Batman and Superman's relationship and ended with them coming to terms (thus saving Wonder Woman for her own origin story and the meetup in Justice League) AND scratched rushing Doomsday (seriously, that could have been DC's Civil War, the entire Death and Return of Superman), they would have nailed it.

First half of Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition is legit. Also, I remain fully on board with Affleck as Batman.

Anyway, as someone who absolutely hated the original cut, I wanted to let people know there's entertainment to be found.

Suicide Squad was definitely a bad movie. I don't think it was horrible by any means, but it has a lot of issues and is both stupid & boring at times. Really sucks because the potential for greatness was there. The animated Suicide Squad film, Assault on Arkham, was awesome and should have been the blueprint. Instead, we got this mess of a film.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• 2 months later...