DC Films

Boopa1219

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 06:46 PM)
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/media/wond...ctor/index.html

Wonder Woman will lead to more opportunities for female directors and create more pressure to develop scripts for strong/er female leads

Wonder woman, feminist icon or bodacious fantasy figure?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/won...eale/index.html

That CNN article skipped over some of the more interesting parts of the history of Wonder Woman. The guy that created her, William Marston, and his wife had a live in girlfriend who also happened to be Margaret Sanger's niece. Marston was a psychologist too and used lots of fairly radical ideas in creating the character.

The thing about these DC headliners is they really only have a handful of parallels in the Marvel Universe. Disney wisely made good movies with strong characters to up the popularity of well know if not household characters.

The positive side of this is that the tier 1 DC characters will draw regardless of the quality of the film. The negative side is everyone knows Batman, Superman's story. The key for DC will be to get the most out of the Tier 1A characters. Wonder Woman is a runaway success. Which leaves Aquaman (a tough sell without getting too political), Cyborg (Don't know a lot about him, honestly) and the Flash (a character similar to Quicksilver, who was killed off in the Marvel Universe). Of those three, Cyborg and the Flash will have to lighten the tone of this universe in order to be successful.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
The thing about these DC headliners is they really only have a handful of parallels in the Marvel Universe. Disney wisely made good movies with strong characters to up the popularity of well know if not household characters.

The positive side of this is that the tier 1 DC characters will draw regardless of the quality of the film. The negative side is everyone knows Batman, Superman's story. The key for DC will be to get the most out of the Tier 1A characters. Wonder Woman is a runaway success. Which leaves Aquaman (a tough sell without getting too political), Cyborg (Don't know a lot about him, honestly) and the Flash (a character similar to Quicksilver, who was killed off in the Marvel Universe). Of those three, Cyborg and the Flash will have to lighten the tone of this universe in order to be successful.

They also messed up Green Lantern.

With an estimated $57 million, Warner Bros. and DC Comics' release of Wonder Woman finished atop the weekend box office for a second week in a row as its domestic cume now totals more than $205 million after just ten days in release. The performance signals a 45% drop compared to the film's massive $103 million debut last weekend. Just to put that drop in perspective, recent DC Films saw significantly larger second weekend dips as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fell 69% in its second weekend, Suicide Squad dropped 67% and Man of Steel dipped 65%. boxofficemojo.com

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)
Fine, it just wasn't a very good film...it's one of those that you can instantly forget (except for Michael Rooker) and not the kind of film you watch every year on cable t.v., let's say, like Gladiator or Bull Durham/Major League.

Better than Suicide Squad and Superman vs. Batman, sure.

I'd watch Ant-Man and Doctor Strange again over it as well. Something just didn't feel earned...maybe it was Kurt Russell's character. Maybe the soundtrack was just off compared to the first film. It's hard to pinpoint. When you watch Wonder Woman, the higher plane that movie is on just can't be compared. Maybe because it's so refreshing to see a female driven story, and because Cat Woman and Elektra were huge fiascos.

It's just the perfect movie for this moment in history.

I was totally surprised with the Aliotta , Haynes and Jeremiah song "Lake Shore Drive" being in the soundtrack. I actually remember that song but totally thought it was a regional Chicago area type hit. I remember AH&J opening for Styx way back in the day. Made me think someone from Chicago area was involved in picking the soundtrack. Did LSD even make the top 40 anywhere outside of Chicago ? Or perhaps the Star Lord or his mother character were from Chicago or Midwest. Don't remember where he was abducted from or how much info about his mother was revealed.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• 2 months later...

I liked the 1st season of The Flash. 2nd season was ok but not good enough to keep me.

I tried Arrow and liked some of it but just got tired of it and had to ditch shows because of lack of time.

I tried Legends and it is definitely cheesy so I didn't stick with it.

Haters: Ugh, ANother SPider-Man movie?

DC: Hold my beer...

Edited by Brian

If Affleck remains the DCEU Batman, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan is cast as Thomas Wayne in the Flashpoint movie, and a new Batman is cast for Matt Reeves movie, there could conceivably be 3 people playing the part of Batman at the same time

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
If Affleck remains the DCEU Batman, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan is cast as Thomas Wayne in the Flashpoint movie, and a new Batman is cast for Matt Reeves movie, there could conceivably be 3 people playing the part of Batman at the same time

Not to mention 2 people playing Joker at the same time. Jared Leto in the Joker/Harley Quinn movie and whoever they cast for the stand-alone Joker origin movie.