DC Films

Boopa1219

Y2HH, honest question. Why do you always start augments over this stuff? Like the cursing and name calling. Ah who cares. You'll just apologize later like always to save face.

All of us want these DC movies to get better. It's not like we're hoping they suck so we can day "We told you so".

Edited by Brian

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Y2HH, honest question. Why do you always start augments over this stuff? Like the cursing and name calling. Ah who cares. You'll just apologize later like always to save face.

All of us want these DC movies to get better. It's not like we're hoping they suck so we can day "We told you so".

Mostly because I don't care?

And I won't apologize this time. When I apologize it's because I actually mean it. I wouldn't mean it this time. He can go f*** himself.

How's that for saving face?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
I don't even know why you are this upset about whatever I said but I think you should stop telling me to shut the f*** up and tell me to go f*** myself

Why? You come into this thread and practically ask for it. So don't be surprised when someone does it because they don't give a s*** whether you ban them temporarily or permanently.

Take your candy ass back to the Marvel thread where you belong.

And don't even act like that's not true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Patrick Wilson is going to play Orm/Ocean Master in Aquaman: http://deadline.com/2016/12/patrick-wilson...moa-1201869055/

Justice League 2 has been taken off the schedule so that the Batman film can take its place. Zack Snyder is going to make a smaller, original, war film before doing the sequel: http://collider.com/justice-league-2-release-date-delayed/

David Ayer will direct the Harley Quinn spin off, which is titled Gotham City Sirens: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...llains-project-

Rick Famuyiwa departed from the Flash because he wanted to make a film that was more of a social commentary and that spoke on race, etc: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/201...d/#48c8e2e875ee

And surprisingly, Ben Affleck doesn't want to make a s***ty Batman movie: http://batman-news.com/2016/12/12/ben-affl...not-in-a-hurry/

Just trying to the keep the thread open

Edited by Joshua Strong

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 25, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
Finally gave Suicide Squad and BvS a watch. Suicide Squad wasn't great but I at least found it entertaining. BvS I thought was hot garbage though.

You probably watched the theatrical version, get your hands on the Zack Snyder cut. If you didn't like MoS or hated the threatical cut of BvS I can't see you being warm to it but it's way better and was received as such.

Also there's a lot of JL stuff too in the Zack Snyder cut. No cameos or anything but some plot points and stuff.

Edited by Joshua Strong

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Matt Reeves (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, War of the Planet of the Apes, Cloverfield) will be directing the upcoming solo Batman movie. http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batm...eck-1201977575/

This movie and the Flash film will be pushed back to 2019.

Here is Justin Kroll, talking about how he landed the scoop regarding Ben Affleck removing himself as director and talks about hearing that Matt Reeves landed the job.

• 3 months later...

Wonder Woman was simply awesome. Just not sure how they can top it with the sequels...pretty amazing Patty Jenkins went from directing Monster with Charlize Theron as a serial killer to this project 15 years later.

Gal Gadot, if she wasn't already, is now officially a breakout star.

Right up there with the Nolan Batman movies, the first two Spider-Man's (Tobey Maguire), Iron Man I, The Avengers and the second Captain America film.

D.C. has had their prayers answered. Great job!! Takes the sting out of box office disappointments like King Arthur, Pirates 5 and even Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

(It was also jarring to go from Claire Underwood to a warrior princess, but Robin Wright Penn, Chris Pine and David Thewlis were all very good in their roles, probably the best romantic chemistry for two leads in a comic book movie since the Batman and Maguire/Dunst pairings). Even got in a few shots across the bow about multiculturalism/diversity and tolerance, but it wasn't too heavy-handed.

Gadot and Pine also have great comic timing...in some ways, it was reminiscent of the Captain America films moving the leads pretty seamlessly through different time periods but having a good sense of humor about awkward situations that make Diana even more endearing. Plus, there are times you're simply struck by her physical presence, and how she battled to turn a thin model's frame into a dynamo of godlike energies/powers. Almost feels like she is on a higher plane than all those male superheroes because her femine instincts to preserve life are more natural/instinctive than testosterone driven heroics which we're so used to by now.

GOTG2 is a box office disappointment?

I'm glad WW is finally a good DC movie, but I can't get excited for it. I'll catch it in the theater sometime.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
GOTG2 is a box office disappointment?

I'm glad WW is finally a good DC movie, but I can't get excited for it. I'll catch it in the theater sometime.

I guess I'm a bit biased because Chinese box office to me is getting close to an par with US in terms of overall economic impact (and yeah, the percentage going back to the US per ticket sold is only 25-30 cents per dollar.). GOTG2 has been absolutely wiped out by a Bollywood movie about an Indian father who trains his daughters to be championship caliber wrestlers. Nobody expected that.

Perhaps the general tepid reaction and personal feeling it wasn't as good as the first made also caused me to write that.

Edited by caulfield12

GotG2 is sitting at 81% and has already made more than the first movie in one month. Not exactly a tepid reaction as much as your personal feeling

Im excited to see WW. It looks good and i am glad it is getting the great reviews, DC needs it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
GotG2 is sitting at 81% and has already made more than the first movie in one month. Not exactly a tepid reaction as much as your personal feeling

Im excited to see WW. It looks good and i am glad it is getting the great reviews, DC needs it

Metacritic has it at 76 for WW, 69 for GOTG2...

Two best predictions were $82-95 million for opening (boxofficemojo), box office.com went for much higher at $111 million.

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Wonder Woman is off to an excellent start, bringing in an impressive $11 million from Thursday preview screenings, which began at 7 PM at 3,500+ theaters.

Comparatively, this is just behind the $11.2 million Guardians of the Galaxy brought in before its $94.3 million opening and ahead of the $9.4 million Doctor Strange brought in on Thursday night before its $85 million debut last year. Both films were referenced in our preview below and the $85-95 million range might be just what we should expect for the film's opening weekend. Boxofficemojo.com

$15.2 million in China so far, but I think word of mouth will really pick up....it's not as well known here in China (see Warcraft vs. Star Wars) and the World War One storyline won't resonate as well as WW II (Captain America).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
Nothing you just posted says it is a box office disappointment

Fine, it just wasn't a very good film...it's one of those that you can instantly forget (except for Michael Rooker) and not the kind of film you watch every year on cable t.v., let's say, like Gladiator or Bull Durham/Major League.

Better than Suicide Squad and Superman vs. Batman, sure.

I'd watch Ant-Man and Doctor Strange again over it as well. Something just didn't feel earned...maybe it was Kurt Russell's character. Maybe the soundtrack was just off compared to the first film. It's hard to pinpoint. When you watch Wonder Woman, the higher plane that movie is on just can't be compared. Maybe because it's so refreshing to see a female driven story, and because Cat Woman and Elektra were huge fiascos.

It's just the perfect movie for this moment in history.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 07:04 PM)
Fine, it just wasn't a very good film...it's one of those that you can instantly forget (except for Michael Rooker) and not the kind of film you watch every year on cable t.v., let's say, like Gladiator or Bull Durham/Major League.

Better than Suicide Squad and Superman vs. Batman, sure.

I'd watch Ant-Man and Doctor Strange again over it as well. Something just didn't feel earned...maybe it was Kurt Russell's character. Maybe the soundtrack was just off compared to the first film. It's hard to pinpoint. When you watch Wonder Woman, the higher plane that movie is on just can't be compared. Maybe because it's so refreshing to see a female driven story, and because Cat Woman and Elektra were huge fiascos.

It's just the perfect movie for this moment in history.

Like I said, this was your opinion on the movie.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/02/media/wond...ctor/index.html

Wonder Woman will lead to more opportunities for female directors and create more pressure to develop scripts for strong/er female leads

Wonder woman, feminist icon or bodacious fantasy figure?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/won...eale/index.html

Edited by caulfield12