DC Films

Boopa1219

Don't go see this if you enjoy the rainbows and unicorns of Marvels universe. This is pretty dark and unrelenting.

I prefer DC movies like this over most Marvel movies. Deadpool being the exception because it was pretty anti-marvel, and X-Men doesn't count either, because it was only Marvel in name and wasn't made by them.

Just keep in mind, RT gave Age of Ultron a 75% Tomatometer...and that movie was a steaming pile of disappointment.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what to expect. I have the unique ability to like different things.

Rainbows and unicorns of Marvel? Okee dokee. Just because Marvel movies are lit where you can see and follow the action?

I actually agree that Ultron was disappointing but was still entertaining and advanced the universe.

Saw it two more times and it got a standing ovation both times. Theaters were packed for the movie. BOMojo said a $200M opening weekend (I assume that's domestic) is in play, which means it'll break the record for a CBM. It's currently AOU with $192M.

Audience members are seeming to love the film, so it looks like the bad reviews are having little impact.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
I know what to expect. I have the unique ability to like different things.

Rainbows and unicorns of Marvel? Okee dokee. Just because Marvel movies are lit where you can see and follow the action?

I actually agree that Ultron was disappointing but was still entertaining and advanced the universe.

Yeah, that's why they're rainbows and unicorns. /s

MvsDC-1024x708.jpg

Edited by Y2HH

Yeah. That maybe the dumbest meme ever.

I actually was enjoying BvS...until the last 30 mins or so. Then it becomes the Snyder mess I was waiting for an looked like garbage. And it kept going and going.

I don't regret seeing it but wouldn't watch it again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
I forgot how a big office means a movie is good. Of course it's going to make a crap load of money no matter what.

It shows that audiences like the movie enough to see it multiple times, the fate the DCEU and Zack Snyder is in the hands of audience. It's projected to have a huge opening weekend but the real test is next weekend, to see if the movie has legs legs or not.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)

I actually was enjoying BvS...until the last 30 mins or so. Then it becomes the Snyder mess I was waiting for an looked like garbage. And it kept going and going.

If by dumb you mean accurate, I agree.

After having a night's sleep, I've become more annoyed with all the side story lines that never get finished. I still think the cinematography is great, but good grief the movie jumps around. It's like listening to a drunk guy at the bar tell you random stories but never finish it. Just goes on to the next story.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
After having a night's sleep, I've become more annoyed with all the side story lines that never get finished. I still think the cinematography is great, but good grief the movie jumps around. It's like listening to a drunk guy at the bar tell you random stories but never finish it. Just goes on to the next story.

I think that's a product of having to set up the entire DC universe with practically one movie. A lot of those side stories are going to be told in stand-alone spinoffs they're currently filming, such as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
That was in regards to big box office = good movie. It's a poor defense for any movie.

Thor 2 did well at the box office and was easily the worst Marvel film.

I thought Captain America 1 was the worst Marvel film. Granted, Agent Smith playing Red Skull ruined the entire movie for me. I couldn't help but say, "Mr. Anderrrrsonnnn" every f***ing time he was on screen ruining that s***.

And while X-Men movies aren't technically Marvel studios, it is their characters...and frankly, X-Men 3 was brutal.

Of the modern/recent crop of Superhero Movies (I'm talking the last decade or so...)

Loved:

Iron Man

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Deadpool

X-2: X-Men United

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Liked, didn't hate, but didn't love:

Ant-Man (And I struggle not putting this in the hated section, but it had it's moments)

Avengers

Thor

Thor: The Dark World

Hulk

Man of Steel

Iron Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man

X-Men

X-Men: First Class

Hated:

Captain America: The First Avenger

Iron Man 2

Dark Knight Rises

Avengers: Age of Ultron

All Fantastic 4 movies

Green Lantern

Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Superman Returns

X-Men 3

The Wolverine

It's a pretty even split of what I loved, liked and outright hated.

I fully expect BvS to land in the liked section.

Edit: Added a few.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
Yeah, you are in a a rather large minority there.

Like I said, it's because of who played Red Skull. I just couldn't shake the Agent Smith/Mr. Anderson vibe I ALWAYS get from that actor no matter what role he plays.

I cringed when he was in Lord of the Rings for the same reason.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)

A number of reviews have said Ben Affleck is one of the highlights. Do you agree with that sentiment? I have been pulling for an older Batman for a while.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)
A number of reviews have said Ben Affleck is one of the highlights. Do you agree with that sentiment? I have been pulling for an older Batman for a while.

He's fine. I like Affleck though. People who hated the casting should have no reason to complain.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)

I don't mind an older Batman but I found it to be a strange decision to start the Justice League with a Batman significantly older than the other members

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
Yeah, you are in a a rather large minority there.

Captain America 1 is one of my 3-5 least favorite MCU movies along with Incredible Hulk, Ironman 2. Captain America 1 is around the same spot as Ironman 3 and Thor 2 in my rankings.