DC Films

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 16, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
http://collider.com/harley-quinn-movie-margot-robbie/

Magot Robbie to produce and star in Harley Quinn solo film.

Someone mentioned a Joker film happening after the solo Batman film.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey will be in this film.

https://twitter.com/chrisra7en/status/732294426790223872

The film has a female writer and Michelle MacLaren's name is being floated around.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
'Batman v. Superman' Fallout: Warner Bros. Shakes Up Executive Roles

This is probably something DC should have done a while ago. I think it's a smart move to put Geoff Johns in charge. He's done a great job with the DC TV universe.

Geoff Johns should've been in charge from the beginning.

I just dont understand how they have structured their movies release dates

Wonder Woman/JL1 2017

Flash/Aquaman 2018

Shazam/JL2 2019

Green Lantern Corps/Cyborg 2020

How do you release the origin movies of 4(5 including shazam) core members of Justice League after the first Justice League movie comes out?

Might be a nice change of pace to not have origin story movies. Some of these characters have been around since the 40's, everyone knows the story, just get to it.

I don't think JL will be full of origin stories, but more like quick introductions to each character.

Maybe like how Avengers introduced the Hulk in the first movie.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Might be a nice change of pace to not have origin story movies. Some of these characters have been around since the 40's, everyone knows the story, just get to it.

I don't think JL will be full of origin stories, but more like quick introductions to each character.

Maybe like how Avengers introduced the Hulk in the first movie.

Hulk had a solo film. They just re-cast Edward Norton for Mark Ruffalo.

The character who had been introduced least was Hawkeye, who had like a 5 minute cameo in Thor.

Yeah, kinda. That Hulk movie just seemed so distant from the current Marvel universe. It was out 4 or 5 years before Avengers. I don't think they ever really talked about any of the events that happened in the Hulk movie.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 18, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah, kinda. That Hulk movie just seemed so distant from the current Marvel universe. It was out 4 or 5 years before Avengers. I don't think they ever really talked about any of the events that happened in the Hulk movie.

They only usually vaguely reference it as the Harlem incident. Big reason that Thunderbolt Ross was in Civil War was because Russo Bros. wanted to bring that movie back in the fold.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 18, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)

Thunderbolt ross is the connection.

The bottom line is if they spend the entire JL movie trying to establish 4 new characters, then they are gonna end up with the same problems that were blasted in BvS, just with more characters.

Honestly, I have no idea what they are doing and I'm not sure they do either. So it's hard to speculate on what is going to happen. Hopefully have some better idea once Wonder Woman comes out.

Things may also be changing now that different people are in charge.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 18, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
Honestly, I have no idea what they are doing and I'm not sure they do either. So it's hard to speculate on what is going to happen. Hopefully have some better idea once Wonder Woman comes out.

Things may also be changing now that different people are in charge.

Geoff Johns is a good step in the right direction. He has done pretty well with the TV side, and if anyone understands these characters it is him.

• 1 month later...

A ton of reporters, bloggers and critics just visited the set of Justice Leauge all of last week and today a lot of news and info is dropping from the movie including the official synopsis people are saying that the day might end with a huge reveal of some sorts.

http://collider.com/justice-league-set-visit-video-recap/

http://collider.com/justice-league-what-we-know-so-far/

Even if you didn't like BvS, it's pretty cool that were finally getting a JL film.

I liked Batman v Superman already but holy damn the directors cut makes me feel bad for Snyder. The studio f***ed him with that theatrical cut. This ultimate edition is so much better it feels like a different movie.

It's also even more brutal than the original. They should have shown this in the theater.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
Justice league and Wonder Woman make it look like the keys of the castle have been taken away from Snyder and put in Geoff Johns pocket. Good for DC

That's not true at all.

Let's looks at Wonder Woman: Patty Jenkins was hired by Zack Snyder, the movie was written by Zack Snyder (alongside Geoff Johns), Gal Gadot was cast by Zack Snyder. His fingerprints are all over the movie.

Justice League looks and feels like a Zack Snyder movie and like the CEO of WB, they learned their lesson BvS in that they need to back off their talent and let them do their thing.

And if you want to see the impact of Geoff Johns, he was hired too late to make an impact on JL, WW, and SS as those films were already completed or deep in production. So you have to look at post JL movies (in terms of the release date) like the Flash, Aquaman, which he wrote the story alongside James Wan. And Batman, which he's writing alongside Ben Affleck.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 12:29 AM)
That's not true at all.

Let's looks at Wonder Woman: Patty Jenkins was hired by Zack Snyder, the movie was written by Zack Snyder (alongside Geoff Johns), Gal Gadot was cast by Zack Snyder. His fingerprints are all over the movie.

Justice League looks and feels like a Zack Snyder movie and like the CEO of WB, they learned their lesson BvS in that they need to back off their talent and let them do their thing.

And if you want to see the impact of Geoff Johns, he was hired too late to make an impact on JL, WW, and SS as those films were already completed or deep in production. So you have to look at post JL movies (in terms of the release date) like the Flash, Aquaman, which he wrote the story alongside James Wan. And Batman, which he's writing alongside Ben Affleck.

Justice League doesn't look anything like the previous garbage that Snyder has put out. But ok

Lesson learned is don't make a brooding Snyder movie that makes you think s*** like "oh batman could get raped in prison that is cool right everyone loves that right?"

I thought both of the new trailers from the convention looked good. Doesn't look like they are going to have Green Lantern in this movie, that is kind of a bummer.

Also, saw Batman: Killing Joke yesterday. Really good. I Love Mark Hamill doing the Jokers voice.

Edited by GoSox05