2016-2017 NBA Thread

As much as I hate everything about the state of the franchise, if you take lumps this year you are still entering 2018 with some promise. Rebuilding in basketball is just not the same.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 3m3 minutes ago

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon, per source.

Um wow...

Derrick Rose has been traded by the Chicago Bulls. This was the right move, but boy does it sting. I can honestly say that I have never loved a sports athlete more than I did Derrick Rose. The cruelty of injury followed by some less-than-stellar reports of his off the court life sure soured his career, but man, this KID COULD GO UP STAIRS and I'll forever remember the excitement of his MVP season (youngest in the history of the NBA). The Bulls came 3 wins from the NBA Finals that year.

Good luck in New York, Derrick, and good riddance. Such a sad outcome to what at one point seemed like a storybook career ready to take off.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
Derrick Rose has been traded by the Chicago Bulls. This was the right move, but boy does it sting. I can honestly say that I have never loved a sports athlete more than I did Derrick Rose. The cruelty of injury followed by some less-than-stellar reports of his off the court life sure soured his career, but man, this KID COULD GO UP STAIRS and I'll forever remember the excitement of his MVP season (youngest in the history of the NBA). The Bulls came 3 wins from the NBA Finals that year.

Good luck in New York, Derrick, and good riddance. Such a sad outcome to what at one point seemed like a storybook career ready to take off.

Yup. I can't blame the Bulls for doing it, but to see a Chicago guy like Derrick moved because he's fallen so hard due to injuries is pretty damn sad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
This was not the right move. Lopez and calderon are signed to multi year deals. This was a garbage move by a bunch of terrible executives. This is a terrible trade.

They just wanted to get rid of Rose. I think this was pretty much that. I don't think a lot of teams wanted him honestly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)

Look up DRose in his Simeon days on youtube at the United Center. The guy could dust off a net with the best of him. It was time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
This was not the right move. Lopez and calderon are signed to multi year deals. This was a garbage move by a bunch of terrible executives. This is a terrible trade.

What else are you getting for Rose though? If anything you're being nice by giving the guy a fresh start, in a big market, with a year left to get his next big contract.

I wonder if they see Grant as someone that can develop? Did anyone see him play last year?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Yup. I can't blame the Bulls for doing it, but to see a Chicago guy like Derrick moved because he's fallen so hard due to injuries is pretty damn sad.

It isn't just injuries. It's the entire package. But while it's best for the Bulls, it is kind of sad how it all went down. It was shaping up to be spectacular.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
What else are you getting for Rose though? If anything you're being nice by giving the guy a fresh start, in a big market, with a year left to get his next big contract.

I wonder if they see Grant as someone that can develop? Did anyone see him play last year?

Horace is happy. He wanted the Buws to draft him last year.

Derrick rose was a FA after this year. There is no need to trade him to take on a bunch of multi year terrible players.

Derrick Rose is so bad we have to cut bait, well, guess what that looks calderon – grant – dinwiddie

butler – snell

dunleavy – doug

taj – niko

lopez – portis

with cap spaced a 14th pick. blow this motherf***er up all the way

Are you better next year?

This is a terrible move by a front office now showing they may even be stupider than Bryan COlangelo.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 3m3 minutes ago

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon, per source.

I don't even know what to make of that.

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 2m2 minutes ago

Jerian Grant was buried on the bench because Rambis wanted to play Vujacic, he can play. Nice salary dump + pick up for CHI

from the top gambler on the NBA, often on Simmons' podcast.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)

A negative move is better. Rose, flaws and all, is better and in a better place in his contract than any of the bulls*** they just received.

I dont think I can be objective on the deal cause its hard to not want to see Rose overcome the injuries and get back to what he used to be.

Its just a bunch of unfortunate events and timing.

The real f*** up was not moving Gasol when they had the chance.

Lopez/Butler isnt a bad start, but without another superstar this team isnt going anywhere.