2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Here we go... from Woj:

Bulls, Heat and Raptors are in advanced discussions on a 3-team trade that would send Jimmy Butler to Miami, sources tell @TheVertical

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

A rebuild for REAL.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Here we go... from Woj:

Bulls, Heat and Raptors are in advanced discussions on a 3-team trade that would send Jimmy Butler to Miami, sources tell @TheVertical

That's a fake Woj account reporting that. I got fooled at first, too.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
The fact a Bulls beat guy retweeted that means there's definitely discussions of Jimmy being gone soon too

They get fooled too sometimes, so we will see.

I mean I think it's well known Butler is available for the right deal. I think the Bulls hold the cards there though. They don't have to do anything.

Chad Ford had a tweet a bit ago that basically said every 1st round pick after 2 is for sale. Apparently this draft is going to be a s***ty one?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
I mean I think it's well known Butler is available for the right deal. I think the Bulls hold the cards there though. They don't have to do anything.

Chad Ford had a tweet a bit ago that basically said every 1st round pick after 2 is for sale. Apparently this draft is going to be a s***ty one?

There might be some really good players after 1-2 but no one knows who they are.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Can't decide who will be the more miserable team to watch next year, the chicago bulls or the brooklyn nets.

You're being silly. The Bulls aren't THAT awful unless the next step is moving Butler. Butler alone puts them ahead of a third of the league or more.

You seem surprised that the Bulls got crap for a injury-prone net-minus player that's making over 20 mil. Spanish Kirk Hinrich is only here for one year and while Lopez's contract isn't ideal, it's tolerable with the new cap. They would have to sign similar or worse contracts next year anyway to get to the new salary floor after they whiff on the decent FA.

It's not really going to set them back. At least now we don't have to worry about them stupidly resigning Rose, and they picked up a semi-competent big and a young PG that should be better outside of the Triangle offense.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
2 months into the season when Rose is battling some lingering ankle issue, missing 5 games here, 8 games there, I think we're all going to be ok with this trade.

Bulls aren't winning the championship, so if this is the first of many trades to rebuild, i'm 100% ok with it.

Something tells me that he wont' miss as many games next with it being his contract year.

Clearly Butler didn't put them int he top third or else they would have been in the top third last year.

I don't understand the "they would have spent it on worse"

Don't worry about them taking on long term crap contract for a short term crap contract, they are so inept they'd spend it even worse next year! No reason to complain.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Something tells me that he wont' miss as many games next with it being his contract year.

Something also tells me that his recent complacent/lackadaisical style that was on full display last year is closer to what you are gonna get from Rose, as opposed to the cold blooded killer we saw in the first four years.

Im disappointed in the bulls, but this is the beginning of ripping the band aid off

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
Something also tells me that his recent complacent/lackadaisical style that was on full display last year is closer to what you are gonna get from Rose, as opposed to the cold blooded killer we saw in the first four years.

Im disappointed in the bulls, but this is the beginning of ripping the band aid off

Good metaphor.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)

Knowing GarPax, slow rip.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
Clearly Butler didn't put them int he top third or else they would have been in the top third last year.

Don't worry about them taking on long term crap contract for a short term crap contract, they are so inept they'd spend it even worse next year! No reason to complain.

How many games did Jimmy play last year? Wasn't their worst stretch when Jimmy was injured?

I said ahead of a third, not top third.

Lopez's contract isn't going to be complete crap under the new cap, that's the point. Festus Ezili and Bismack Biyombo will probably be in that range. Harrison Barnes is going to get 20 million a year. It has little to do with the Bulls, everyone will basically have to piss away at least 20 mil.

This is the Bulls. Unless they get rid of Gar/Pax, if it is truly contending for titles that matters, it doesn't matter if they trade Jimmy Butler for 4 second round picks. It isn't happening.

The one positive is they actually traded Rose. It might not be a good trade, but they did make a big trade. They wouldn't even trade Pau at the deadline last year even though he served no purpose at that point. So progress.

It's probably a bad trade. And it probably will give them less money to work with next offseason. But players have to take it, and that doesn't happen with the Bulls.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
I have said for a while they need to trade everyone and rebuild but now that its here.....

Pretty damn scary.

I've said it forever and it's not scary to me at all. If you don't do it then we'll be stuck in the middle like we always are. That said, if you're going to rebuild then don't take on money, that is bizarre to me. I also think Grant is garbage, dude couldn't shoot in college, can't shoot now, he's not going to do much for you.

I would rather watch Khalid El Amin in the back court than watch either Lopez brother play basketball.

It's like convincing me Joe Johnson isn't that bad. He is certainly tall and can rebound, but they make me hate the sport of basketball.