2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Stop hurting my feelings. I don't like it.

LOL nah, never that.

There are a ton of people that go about their fandom like you. However you can get entertainment out of sports the more power to you. I am just not wired like that.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
If that were part of their decision making it would say a lot about how management values personal issues with people compared to winning.

It would tell us what we have known forever. They are extremely risk averse.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
Kind of naturally happens that way when you don't choose to be a fan of whoever is one of the front running teams just because its convenient to watch a winner every year.

I heard somebody say BURN BABY BURN!

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Yes. Cap worries have evaporated for a couple of years, for sure. That's why the Lopez contract just doesn't matter.

We're gonna see fringe starters get what Jimmy Butler got last off-season. Just because they have to fill their cap with something to get over the threshold.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16453607...ue-kevin-durant

That made me laugh.

But acquiring the 27-year-old Rose in a trade may have helped their cause. People familiar with Durant's thinking told ESPN.com last month that the Knicks would need to upgrade their backcourt to be considered in free agency. They accomplished that on Wednesday in trading for Rose.

Yep, Durant will stop playing with the best PG in the game to go play with Rose. Sure. I hope Phil enjoys dealing with Reggie.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 5m5 minutes ago

Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Damn, Indiana has a nice little roster there now

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
Rumors that Lakers are dangling the #2 pick to the Bulls for Butler.

Also, Frank Isola tweeting that the Magic are going after Butler too.

Russell and Ingram for Butler? Hell yes.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
Russell and Ingram for Butler? Hell yes.

If the Lakers are dumb enough to do that, I do that every day of the week. Let Jimmy be Hollywood in Hollywood.

Note: I recognize that Jimmy has an unreal work ethic and is a great player, but he also developed a huge ego and became plenty "hollywood as hell".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
It's just bulls***. The Bulls would never win a deal so hard.

Well its not completely far fetched.

Butler is way more proven than Ingram. I like Ingram's potential a lot, but its just potential.

The Lakers could trade away future potential, get Butler, then go after a big time FA. Bledsoe/Knight are also available and somehow the Lakers are one of those teams that are able to get other teams to make bad trades.

Obviously I doubt it happens because it would be too perfect for the Bulls.

I think their best hope is a 3 way deal where the Bulls get a bunch of picks between 2 teams.

I don't see Russell and Ingram happening, but it's hard to predict stupid. I would have said Clarkson and 2, but I've read that they LOVE Clarkson.

I could deal with tanking if they can get Ingram. I'm not confident that Ingram will be a star, but I would be surprised if he's not a very good starter.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:09 PM)
I don't see Russell and Ingram happening, but it's hard to predict stupid. I would have said Clarkson and 2, but I've read that they LOVE Clarkson.

I could deal with tanking if they can get Ingram. I'm not confident that Ingram will be a star, but I would be surprised if he's not a very good starter.

f***, I'd take Clarkson and Ingram.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
We're gonna see fringe starters get what Jimmy Butler got last off-season. Just because they have to fill their cap with something to get over the threshold.

That's why getting Lopez wasn't a horrible deal. He'll be less expensive under the new cap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
It's just bulls***. The Bulls would never win a deal so hard.

I think it is a more realistic offer than getting Wiggins plus 5. Russel has a lot more questionmarks associated with him than Wiggins and while Ingram is a really good talent, Wiggins has already proven himself. I think the Lakers would consider such a move, especially if they legitimately think they have a shot at a bigger name player (and they think Butler is more likely to help them get said player). I think this deal, theoretically could make a lot of sense for both teams.

In summary, the only way I'm moving Butler are in deals where he is in the centerpiece and we are getting back the following (not saying these other teams would do it, but what it would take for me to do it...and to get the below, I am on board with giving up other guys / picks as sweetners). My elow list is in order of preference with the Wolves / Lakers ranking above the Celtics.

Twolves: Wiggins & #5 pick

Lakers: Russell & #2 pick

Celtics: #3 pick + next year's pick (just for Butler...no sweetners here, such as giving up our pick or something)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
In summary, the only way I'm moving Butler are in deals where he is in the centerpiece and we are getting back the following (not saying these other teams would do it, but what it would take for me to do it...and to get the below, I am on board with giving up other guys / picks as sweetners). My elow list is in order of preference with the Wolves / Lakers ranking above the Celtics.

Twolves: Wiggins & #5 pick

Lakers: Russell & #2 pick

Celtics: #3 pick + next year's pick (just for Butler...no sweetners here, such as giving up our pick or something)

I'd need an active player from the Celtics as well.