2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 10:57 PM)
The 96 Bulls won 72 games.

They did. And if GS wins on Monday they will have the best playoff record in the history of the NBA which counts for something as well. I'm not even making an argument about who is better at this point but "best team ever my ass" is just a reaction off one bad game just like the Bulls had in those playoffs.

Edited by Rowand44

Curry and Thompson just couldn't ever get going offensively tonight. Green got distracted, Pachulia was lucky not to start a brawl. Ugly game except for Cavaliers shooting from perimeter and LeBron throwing an alley oop to himself off the backboard like in an ASG second half.

GSW owners will be happy to pocket an extra $12 million and celebration on home floor, surely.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
They did. And if GS wins on Monday they will have the best playoff record in the history of the NBA which counts for something as well. I'm not even making an argument about who is better at this point but "best team ever my ass" is just a reaction off one bad game just like the Bulls had in those playoffs.

I'm not buying into whether 15-1 is better than 15-2 or 15-3...that's insignificant.

I do know this:

Despite some rotten officiating this evening, both these teams are outstanding. This is as good of a Finals matchup as it gets.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)

Giving up 137 points in a finals game though? I'll stick to my "best team ever my ass" comment.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)
Curry and Thompson just couldn't ever get going offensively tonight.

GSW owners will be happy to pocket an extra $12 million and celebration on home floor, surely.

I'm looking forward to Monday evening!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 11:05 PM)
Curry and Thompson just couldn't ever get going offensively tonight.

That's exactly what they said about the GSW owners last year too.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 11:23 PM)
I can respect defense from great teams. I can't respect terrible defense from "great" teams

Part of why the Warriors have been allowing so many points is because of the ridiculous pace in the series. Also, LeBron and Kyrie being surrounded by this much shooting is going to score against anyone.

95-96 Bulls allowed 101.8 points per 100 possessions

16-17 Warriors allowed 104.0 points per 100 possessions

I'm not trying to argue this Warriors team is/is not better than the 95 Bulls, but it's also not fair to act like the Warriors are a bad defensive team.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 11:27 PM)
Part of why the Warriors have been allowing so many points is because of the ridiculous pace in the series. Also, LeBron and Kyrie being surrounded by this much shooting is going to score against anyone.

I'm not trying to argue this Warriors team is/is not better than the 95 Bulls, but it's also not fair to act like the Warriors are a bad defensive team.

2.2 points per 100 isn't insignificant. I was also speaking about the finals where defense teens to get better.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 11:27 PM)

Do you have the eFG% allowed by both teams? Because needless today, teams are taking a ton more 3 points shots in 2017.