2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 12m12 minutes ago

Lebron James would be the first player in NBA history to sign a 3-year contract with at least $100 million dollars

SportsCenter @SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: LeBron James signs a 3-year, $100 million deal with the Cavaliers. (via @WindhorstESPN)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 57m57 minutes ago Michael Jordan wrote a letter to the Basketball Hall of Fame in support of Jerry Reinsdorf's candidacy.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 60m60 minutes ago

Jerry Reinsdorf appreciates being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, but admits "I still can't quite understand why I'm going in."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 57m57 minutes ago Michael Jordan wrote a letter to the Basketball Hall of Fame in support of Jerry Reinsdorf's candidacy.

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 60m60 minutes ago

Jerry Reinsdorf appreciates being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, but admits "I still can't quite understand why I'm going in."

Because you lucked into the GOAT, Jerry.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about the bulls this year

A core of Wade + Butler + RLopez + Rondo could be some exciting ball. If they can fit together a few more of the more unknown pieces it could be a new, more enjoyable team!

No more Drose, no more Noah I am happy about.

Here's a good (long) read about the whole case. Based on those text messages she was sending him, I'm not sure i'd find in her favor.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derr...t-trial-primer/

What's abundantly clear is Derrick Rose has some REAL close friends (yuck), and he's a complete moron (not surprising).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Ugh, that is so sad for him.

That will really suck if his career is indeed over. I hope it is not as he is great personality in the NBA.

That being said, the dude is going to absolutely kill it in broadcasting.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
Really sad for Bosh, I hope he is right that reports are wrong, but also that this isn't a serious health issue.

Bosh is on some serious blood clot medication, it's no minor thing

Aww man. Duncan and KG gone from NBA. I remember probably 3 games of the nba without those guys in it. The paxson three vs. the suns, the knicks knocking us out in 94, and some random game i was courtside when i was too young to know how old i was.

They were nba life for so long.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
Aww man. Duncan and KG gone from NBA. I remember probably 3 games of the nba without those guys in it. The paxson three vs. the suns, the knicks knocking us out in 94, and some random game i was courtside when i was too young to know how old i was.

They were nba life for so long.

Add Kobe to that and there is about 60 years of NBA history walking out the door.