2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/10/12/der...soon-after-act/

The string of text messages the day of Aug. 26 and into early the next morning have been a key feature of the trial, providing a timeline and also helping the woman recreate what she says she blacked out.

Three text messages sent by the woman that the defense said it didn’t receive until Friday could get the case tossed out or have it end in mistrial.

U.S. District Court Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald blasted the plaintiff’s lawyer for being “unbelievably careless” producing exhibits.

Rose’s lawyers alleged evidence tampering because messages in their clients’ favor were withheld, including a profane message the woman sent to Rose at 1:36 a.m. in which she referred to him as “babe” and asked why he didn’t have sex with a friend she brought to his house earlier.

The woman’s lawyers said all texts had been disclosed to the defense.

Fitzgerald gave lawyers until Wednesday morning to prove they had been shared with the defense.

A mistrial could push a new trial into the NBA regular season, Fitzgerald said.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Margaret Carrero ‏@KNXmargaret 18m18 minutes ago

#BREAKING Judge in #DerrickRose civil rape trial DENIES defense request to declare a mistrial. @KNX1070

Not a total shock. It's a big waste of time/money to have to start over from scratch. And the prosecutors claimed that they had given those text messages to the defense multiple times in the past.

I really don't see how he's found guilty. She's claiming that she was so out of it that she went home and had no idea they were coming over. They have text messages proving that she's asking him to come over and she's upset Rose didn't bang her friend. This was after she had consensual sex with Rose's friend and gave Rose a BJ at the same time (edit: earlier that night)

All that and her co-workers are refuting her day after symptoms and she didn't talk to the cops until 2 years later. All seems like a money grab to me.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
I really don't see how he's found guilty. She's claiming that she was so out of it that she went home and had no idea they were coming over. They have text messages proving that she's asking him to come over and she's upset Rose didn't bang her friend. This was after she had consensual sex with Rose's friend and gave Rose a BJ at the same time (edit: earlier that night)

All that and her co-workers are refuting her day after symptoms and she didn't talk to the cops until 2 years later. All seems like a money grab to me.

To be fair, it is a civil trail, so the bar is much, much lower.

Bar is lower, but I'm not buying what she is selling. Not a fan of DRose, but I don't think he's a rapist. A couple of lawyers told her to go scratch when she was shopping this case. She found a bottom of the barrel attorney, who was just looking for a settlement and some quick money, who more than likely withheld things on purpose when he or she realized they actually would have to show some proof.

Marc stein passing along zach Lowe info that bulls in deep talks for a Michael carter Williams for Snell swap.

I don't know c-w contract or how much he has fallen but damn getting anything for snell is crazy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
Marc stein passing along zach Lowe info that bulls in deep talks for a Michael carter Williams for Snell swap.

I don't know c-w contract or how much he has fallen but damn getting anything for snell is crazy.

MCW? Rondo? Wade? Way to get with the times, bulls! #whoneeds3pointshooting?

off-topic

has anybody been lookin' at what Joel Embiid has been doing? Monster, beast or whatever doesn't describe this dude. That size/athleticism/skill-set is no joke. He switched on to John Wall (yes, that john wall) the other night and EASILY kept him in front of him. Please let this man stay healthy. This guy is an all-time level talent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)

Carter-Williams isn't good and he can't shoot at all but that is a no brainer since Snell is horrible.

Smell sucks but at least he can nail a 3 once in a while. If MCW was going to play heavy minutes, I could understand this trade, but for a guy who might play 10-15? They need shooters. Shooters are the new craze. GarPax will try to buck the trend.

Edited by Dick Allen

has anybody been lookin' at what Joel Embiid has been doing? Monster, beast or whatever doesn't describe this dude. That size/athleticism/skill-set is no joke. He switched on to John Wall (yes, that john wall) the other night and EASILY kept him in front of him. Please let this man stay healthy. This guy is an all-time level talent.

Yes, I've been noticing him as well. Hopefully he stays healthy.

As far as the trade goes, it was really surprising for me to see the Snell-MCW swap. I'm OK with it. MCW had talent, at one point.