2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Yes. Rumor is Bill Self wants the job

If there was one college coach I would be intrigued by for the Bulls to hire, he'd be on that short list for some reason.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That lineup makes the most sense to me. Glad we didn't just hand things to Niko. Clearly we'll mix around a lot of guys and probably rotate some shooters in early, but I think this starting 5 will do a good job setting the physical tone / style of the Bulls. I just finished buying my league pass, so hopefully it will be an enjoyable year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Bulls starting 5:

Rondo

Wade

Butler

Gibson

Lopez

no comment.

Mirotic has to get his s*** together if this team wants a shot of being a playoff contender. He and McDermott are the only floor spacing options we have that will get significant minutes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
Mirotic has to get his s*** together if this team wants a shot of being a playoff contender. He and McDermott are the only floor spacing options we have that will get significant minutes.

Certainly don't want hockey shifts as the thing that mainly sucks about this is doug and niko on floor together is ... problematic defensively.

but Taj has earned starting, niko has not.

But man. Defensively you can sag like crazy against the bulls, and I fear that will just lead to the dribbles from Rondo and a late shot. Pace will be slow.

Defensively, guards getting beat off dribble not as bad with Lopez/Gibson behind them, but they have been remarkably prone to open looks in 3 point land in preseason so that needs to change.

Weird, weird team. Complete opposite of how anyone is building. It's like building a power run game in the NFL right now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
Sounds like the new look knicks didn't look that good.

They didn't. Jo is one of the worst contracts in the league. Dude is as bad as he was with the Bulls last year and maybe worse.

Rose was his usual inefficient self. The Knicks looked a mess. I am so glad Rose is gone.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 04:50 AM)
Warriors fans are already shook. They talkin' about they might need to trade Klay for some rim protection. lol.

The Spurs were magical last night. The song remains the same for the Warriors - they are going to get chewed up inside and will need to hit 30 or so 3's against the Spurs to beat them. That said, they will probably do that more often than not.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
Rose is just rounding out that super team. We will all see

Yeah, I don't see how that squad works together at all. Literally the only complementary player they have in that group is Noah, and while I hope he can still play because I love the dude, it hasn't looked good for him.

One game people. That said, I do think the whole Durant thing will be interesting. He is just a very ball centric type of player and Curry was already so explosive with the ball. The experiment might end badly, but yesterday's game is nothing more then a one game anomaly at this point. If two months from now they are struggling, then I think everyone can start talking.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
One game people. That said, I do think the whole Durant thing will be interesting. He is just a very ball centric type of player and Curry was already so explosive with the ball. The experiment might end badly, but yesterday's game is nothing more then a one game anomaly at this point. If two months from now they are struggling, then I think everyone can start talking.

Golden State will be fine. Them I am not worried about. Even a guy like Durant just spent his entire career working with another superstar. He knows what he needs to do to be successful there.

OKC's system was awful. It was basically let either Durant or Westbrook ISO for 20 seconds. Durant has to learn that he doesn't have to play that way anymore. He needs to move around without the ball and he'll still get his shots. It's going to take some time, but they'll get it eventually.

They have a major problem with a lack of size though. They can't rebound. If they don't make a ton of threes, they'll lose. You take the odds that they will over an 82 game season. But a stretch of 3-4 games is different, as Cleveland showed last year.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/26/joel-embi...flow_twitter_si

He is engaging, charismatic and funny, but unlike many foreign big men, his humor is intentional. “You know how I learned to shoot?” Embiid says. “I watched white people. Just regular white people. They really put their elbow in and finish up top. You can find videos of them online.”

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)

I wouldn't even worry about them after 2 months. There's going to be some growing pains but come April or so they're going to be deadly. We'll get some fun freak outs from the fans and the National Media though.