Todd Frazier's Batted Ball Problem

Dunt

I know he hasn't passed the eye test, but this confirms it. A bit scary.

Still last year he did have a tale of two seasons - so if we're going positive spin zone? Maybe his second half will be damn good.

If we're going the other way, combined with the second half of last season? He's hitting like a combined .210.

Also he's never hit over 10hr's in the second half of a season..

WE may be looking at Adam Dunn type of numbers if this continues.. .190 BA, 35HR..............

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
I know he hasn't passed the eye test, but this confirms it. A bit scary.

Still last year he did have a tale of two seasons - so if we're going positive spin zone? Maybe his second half will be damn good.

If we're going the other way, combined with the second half of last season? He's hitting like a combined .210.

Also he's never hit over 10hr's in the second half of a season..

WE may be looking at Adam Dunn type of numbers if this continues.. .190 BA, 35HR..............

He has the lowest line drives but highest pop ups. Less of an uppercut swing by a few degrees. More line drives less pop ups. I doubt he'll change his swing. Unless he starts hitting the ball the other way

He is tied for 2nd in the AL in home runs and has 49 RBI's. Are we really complaining about this? He is on pace for over 40 HR's and over 100 RBI's. I think we have bigger problems than Todd...

Oh yeah and he also plays a pretty good 3b.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
He is tied for 2nd in the AL in home runs and has 49 RBI's. Are we really complaining about this? He is on pace for over 40 HR's and over 100 RBI's. I think we have bigger problems than Todd...

Yep, bottom line is that despite Frazier's low BA he is still producing runs and there's no denying the Sox need help in that area. I'm more concerned about the production from 1B, C, CF and DH.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)

Point made by Stone Pony Sunday. I agree