Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/28/2016

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
You characters are like a comedy routine. This team is 38-38 and if playing a board game or fantasy baseball would Have been torn apart at least 38 times already cause that's how we build a winner you know

Don't worry you'll get your .500 baseball for plenty of years to come. Nothing will change.

Edited by soxforlife05

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
You characters are like a comedy routine. This team is 38-38 and if playing a board game or fantasy baseball would Have been torn apart at least 38 times already cause that's how we build a winner you know

As opposed to trading for Jay Bruce, Arodys Vizcaino or other unnamed veteran RH reliever and Jeremy Hellickson???

That's the ONLY thing that will turn this around. But Reinsdorf will never go for it, not after the Shields move has backfired like it has.

I'm not in favor of trading Sale/Q/Eaton....but I also don't have ANY faith that JR is going to trade Fulmer and invest another $12-15 million into the 2016 Chicago White Sox.

Do you honestly believe he's going to authorize that, after last year at the deadline when we stood pat with a team flying along with quite a bit of momentum?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)

As opposed to trading for Jay Bruce, Arodys Vizcaino or other unnamed veteran RH reliever and Jeremy Hellickson???

That's the ONLY thing that will turn this around. But Reinsdorf will never go for it, not after the Shields move has backfired like it has.

I'm not in favor of trading Sale/Q/Eaton....but I also don't have ANY faith that JR is going to trade Fulmer and invest another $12-15 million into the 2016 Chicago White Sox.

Do you honestly believe he's going to authorize that, after last year at the deadline when we stood pat with a team flying along with quite a bit of momentum?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)

I have no confidence in this owner. I want a new owner so this team has a direction.

Shut out at home by the Twins. Woof

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:54 AM)
Killed whatever trade value he might have had. Dude should honestly start looking for another career. He is not going to make it in the show.

What is Brian Anderson doing now? Seriously.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:54 AM)

El Rockin, the Sox are 38-38 which actually wouldn't be that bad if not for the way they've gone about being 38-39. Patsies to the Central, lousy at home again, going 23-10 and basically ending the season shortly after. Can u imagine attending tonight's game? It must be a morgue in the Cell. Except for the great food and beer my god I call it agony.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:57 AM)
We were due to lose to Minnesota just awful that they're gona be shut out

I don't buy the "due to lose" thing considering all the losing we've done against the Central. Lot of ground to make up.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)

The comedy routine is out on the field at 35th and Shields but it is a dark comedy lead by an incompetent manager and an in over his head gm. A third of the supporting cast are bit actors. Only one major attraction and he is only available every 5 days.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 04:05 AM)
The comedy routine is out on the field at 35th and Shields but it is a dark comedy lead by an incompetent manager and an in over his head gm. A third of the supporting cast are bit actors. Only one major attraction and he is only available every 5 days.

I am going to start calling you Hollywood

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Could totally be fine with firing Ventura after this lol. Something to wake the team up. Grasping at straws at this point.

Ventura just doesn't have it... this team was dead tonight. They play with no confidence so often and look tight, and befuddled constantly.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:05 PM)

A lot of truth in that comment in my opinion.

Mark

Sox hitters were way too aggressive . Too many guys were swinging at pitches well out of the zone. Avi Garcia, Shuck and Jason Coats in the same line-up is almost going guarantee a loss. That is minor league level talent. Austin Jackson's injury really hurt this team.

Time to cringe during the first inning of the next Shields start.

In his last nine starts Quintana has received nine runs of support. Seven losses and two no decisions in that span.

And I didn't realize the Sox have now lost 16 of their last 19 divisional games. That's why to me any talk of "going for it" and trading any more minor league players is sheer stupidity or sheer stubbornness.

This team isn't going anywhere because they can't beat teams in their division who apparently have them scouted to a tee.

Mark

The decision to pitch around Joe Mauer with a runner on third and two outs in the sixth inning was telling, and not just because it backfired.

Granted, it did look bad, because Brian Dozier followed Mauer. Earlier in the game, Dozier homered off Poor Jose Quintana for the game’s first run, continuing a stretch of torrid hitting, especially against left-handed pitching. Choosing Dozier just didn’t seem like a markedly better play, and sure enough, Dozier ended up golfing a down-and-in curve into the White Sox bullpen for a three-run shot and a 4-0 lead.

The thought was probably that Mauer generally sees Quintana well, hitting .344/.382/.531. over 34 plate appearances entering tonight, while Dozier has historically struggled. Mauer might’ve been a better bet to single, and Dozier a better bet for extra bases, and it worked out for the Sox in the worst way possible.

The question then is, "Would it have been so bad to be down 2-0?" With the way the Sox swung the bats against Kyle Gibson tonight, a two-run deficit may have been the same as six runs. Quintana pitched well outside of his Dozier problems, but it didn’t matter.

Gibson entered 0-5 with a 6.05 ERA, including a mediocre showing against the Sox in April. Tonight, he threw seven shutout innings, allowing just five singles and a walk while striking out a season-high seven.

www.southsidesox.com

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
And I didn't realize the Sox have now lost 16 of their last 19 divisional games. That's why to me any talk of "going for it" and trading any more minor league players is sheer stupidity or sheer stubbornness.

Mark

A sell off come trading deadline 2016, all but crushes "the 3 yr plan" .. I don't think Kenny Hahn could possibly sit around and watch their hunk of junk be carted off to the scrap heap

As a Sox fan, I can handle failure. What's almost impossible for me to absorb, is the lack of any sense that things in this organization will change. The successes this year have been encouraging, but the failures this year have been historic and crushing...all the way from the monumental fall from a 23-10 record, to the collapse of Shields, to a 16 and 19 record vs the Central, to hitting 7 homers in a game and losing, etc

You have to wonder what in the hell is going on..

Yet I can almost guarantee the FO will point to the chance at WC 2, the improved record from 2015, and the opportunity to take one last shot at the Central with a Central heavy September schedule, as reasons why the FO is happy with the on and off field personnel.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 02:36 AM)
You mean losing 16 out of their last 19 to AL Central opponents...3-16 is almost impossible to pull off and do it unintentionally.

That's what I meant. Thanks for the clarify

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:36 AM)
You mean losing 16 out of their last 19 to AL Central opponents...3-16 is almost impossible to pull off and do it unintentionally.

Say what you want about Ozzie, but at least he emphasized winning division games. I don't know what his division record was, I know it was bad against the Twins, but at least he placed an importance on winning games within the division to have any chance at success.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 12:26 AM)
A sell off come trading deadline 2016, all but crushes "the 3 yr plan" .. I don't think Kenny Hahn could possibly sit around and watch their hunk of junk be carted off to the scrap heap

As a Sox fan, I can handle failure. What's almost impossible for me to absorb, is the lack of any sense that things in this organization will change. The successes this year have been encouraging, but the failures this year have been historic and crushing...all the way from the monumental fall from a 23-10 record, to the collapse of Shields, to a 16 and 19 record vs the Central, to hitting 7 homers in a game and losing, etc

You have to wonder what in the hell is going on..

Yet I can almost guarantee the FO will point to the chance at WC 2, the improved record from 2015, and the opportunity to take one last shot at the Central with a Central heavy September schedule, as reasons why the FO is happy with the on and off field personnel.

The Sox are second to last in the league in offense and a whopping 12 games under .500 in games not featuring a guy named Sale on the mound.

Forget the "3 yr plan". It was a red herring in its intent to deflect attention away from last year's futile record at this time. We are probably due another BS explanation similar to the 3yr plan nonsense any day now.