Matt Davidson getting called up

GGajewski18

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
You're one of my favorite posters on this site, but the bolded just isn't true. Find me a guy who consistently struck out 30% of the time in AAA (for more than a very brief stint) that had ANY real success in the majors hitting-wise. There might be an outlier here or there, but few or none.

I agree that K-rate is silly to get too hung up on if we're talking 18 vs 20%, or the like. But at 30% that's a big red flag.

Sorry, I meant to say that the high K rate is indicative of the LACK of success in the MLB, not success. Bad typing on a tablet, not that I type well on a PC.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
Siera Santos ‏@SieraSantos 1m1 minute ago

Matt Davidson has a fracture in his right foot. He'll be evaluated by team doctors tomorrow. #WhiteSoxTalk

cdwu.gif

Ouch, talk about bad luck. Probably a jones fracture of the 5th metatarsal. That is an extra long healing time usually probably 8 weeks.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
Hopefully it's not the worst fracture and can heal without surgery. What's the bad one lis franc?

A lisfranc fracture is a really bad one. It's in the metatarsals near the ankle. I would doubt it's that from the description but it's possible.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Ouch, talk about bad luck. Probably a jones fracture of the 5th metatarsal. That is an extra long healing time usually probably 8 weeks.

That would put him around September first. Hopefully he can come back and if we're out and can use him he can get some ABs up here.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
A lisfranc fracture is a really bad one. It's in the metatarsals near the ankle. I would doubt it's that from the description but it's possible.

Does this mean his foot would have soon been injured with use? Had he stayed in the minors was the injury imminent?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 05:44 PM)
Does this mean his foot would have soon been injured with use? Had he stayed in the minors was the injury imminent?

No. It's just a different type of fracture. It's really difficult to sustain a Lisfranc fracture, they usually occur with more trauma and energy than what he did today. These are just less common. Again, possible but not as likely.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
Sorry, I meant to say that the high K rate is indicative of the LACK of success in the MLB, not success. Bad typing on a tablet, not that I type well on a PC.

That makes more sense!

I'll echo too, feel terrible for Davidson, just like I did for Smith.