Saladino Appreciation Thread

bmags

Just want to say congrats to Saladino, who has now eliminated all doubts that we need to sign trash like Bonifacio or Rollins in future. We should rotate and rest more often. While he is best at third, reeally nice to have a bench infield player we can trust. First in a while...since Pablo was poppin roids.

He is a horrible interview though.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Salad has been nothing short of awesome in his limited time playing. Ventura does get some credit for spotting him appropriate playing time and not over exposing him either. Overall nice to see Salad making it.

Oh god this reminds me of the days of him and Rangel Ravelo being our food themed prospects.

But really, Saladino has been awesome. He's a perfect supersub.

When season started I wanted + defense from him and a .630 OPS and I thought we'd be okay.

He's hit .260 with a .720 OPS. With his spot starts that's even more impressive. On pace for 10 HR even in a reserve role

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 11:22 PM)
He needs to be playing more. He could sub a little bit more for Lawrie, and he should most definitely be taking at bats from Garcia.

With Davidson now hurt I think Saladino could get some more playing time in the field while DHing Frazier and Abreu

I think he's more than a utility player; he's steadily improving, has a nice swing, runs the bases well and is a solid defender.

People debase/under-value young Sox players who aren't hyped prospects...which is fine, except when the front office does it on its own players, as it has been doing the last couple of years. That shouldn't happen. 3 ML ready players went for Samardzija, and 3 went for Frazier. And they have several ready this year. I'm glad they're floating several onto the major league team to see if they are players. Most won't make it, some will, and I suspect Saladino will.

Saladino should play regularly.

L Garcia should be the utility player.

Edited by GreenSox