White Sox winner!

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm pretty sure Frazier had a 2 run bomb a few games back.

Nope.

It goes back to like 1965...I think that's what they said during the broadcast.

First Kevan Smith, now Davidson? Weird anti-Herm Schneider going ons this year. Webb out for the year, Petricka out for the year, Jackson injured. Still doesn't amount to the injury losses other teams have faced (and are facing), though.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
Such bulls*** luck! Avi stays alive on this team as all of the replacements get injured or suck.

SSS had a column on this, about the many lives of Avi Garcia this year.

If Jackson hadn't gotten injured, if Coats hadn't sucked (and/or not been trusted by the front office 100%), if Melky hadn't gotten hurt, if Davidson hadn't gotten hurt.

As it stands, he better start hitting for more power (he has had a few clutch singles with RISP) or Saladino's going to take some of his time away. With Bourgeois or Leury, he probably doesn't have much to worry much imo.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
SSS had a column on this, about the many lives of Avi Garcia this year.

If Jackson hadn't gotten injured, if Coats hadn't sucked (and/or not been trusted by the front office 100%), if Melky hadn't gotten hurt, if Davidson hadn't gotten hurt.

As it stands, he better start hitting for more power (he has had a few clutch singles with RISP) or Saladino's going to take some of his time away. With Bourgeois or Leury, he probably doesn't have much to worry much imo.

Hopefully it's Bourgeois, that guy used to take it when I used to see him play.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Nope.

It goes back to like 1965...I think that's what they said during the broadcast.

First Kevan Smith, now Davidson? Weird anti-Herm Schneider going ons this year. Webb out for the year, Petricka out for the year, Jackson injured. Still doesn't amount to the injury losses other teams have faced (and are facing), though.

Don't forget Coats couldn't finish his first game either because of the collision.

Regarding the injuries it's actually worse for the Sox because they have little to no depth and the minor league call up's have been "lacking" to put it mildly.

Mark

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
I've given up on the division. It's the second wild card or nothing

I agree we're probably looking at a wild card but they are equally behind first and second wild card spots since Boston and KC are tied.

Winning three series in a row is nice, but a nice 7-8 game winning streak would actually make things interesting again. Last year a 7 game winning streak forced the front office to stand pat at the deadline-- which of course was immediately followed by a disastrous 2nd half. A very poor call by the Hahn/KW duo. This year it seems like Hahn/KW are in desperate mode-- so another 7 to 8 game winning streak will likely cause the front office to add a bat.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
Winning three series in a row is nice, but a nice 7-8 game winning streak would actually make things interesting again. Last year a 7 game winning streak forced the front office to stand pat at the deadline-- which of course was immediately followed by a disastrous 2nd half. A very poor call by the Hahn/KW duo. This year it seems like Hahn/KW are in desperate mode-- so another 7 to 8 game winning streak will likely cause the front office to add a bat.

They're probably going to add a bat either way, unless the Sox go 6+ games under .500 the next few weeks.