Houston Will Be a Good Test

hi8is

Huston is 9 and 1 in their last 10 and has been turning it around for about a month +. The Sox can't seem to get back to consistent winning ways but may have turned the corner, winning their last three series and going 7 - 3 in their last 10. We'll have an inconsistent Gonzalez going in front of our 1 / 2 punch of Sale / Q.

With Huston 2 games ahead of us in the wild card and only a half a game out from the top spot - an unlikely sweep would be just about as big as any three game set we've had this far during 2016.

Anything less than a series win is a big fail. We gotta right the ship for the rest of the year --- and it starts with this upcoming series.

Huston Street?

Fiers, Fister, McHugh are the slated Astros' starters.

We miss Keuchel, which probably isn't a good thing, based on how he's pitched most of this season. More importantly, we miss McCullers.

That's a difficult stadium to come in and expect to sweep. Win 2/3, you've got Q and Sale going, not out of the realm of possibility.

Then we get the Yankees and Braves at home.

Essentially, this is an "early elimination" week with the Astros, Sox and Yankees all battling for a Wild Card spot (or two).

2-1, 2-1, 2-1...puts us 4 games over .500 with 74 left to play at the All-Star Break.

Do the opposite, 3-6, and the talk turns to selling off assets again as we'd likely be 7th or 8th in the pack. 5-4 or 4-5, no change/status quo prevails.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Huston is 9 and 1 in their last 10 and has been turning it around for about a month +. The Sox can't seem to get back to consistent winning ways but may have turned the corner, winning their last three series and going 7 - 3 in their last 10. We'll have an inconsistent Gonzalez going in front of our 1 / 2 punch of Sale / Q.

With Huston 2 games ahead of us in the wild card and only a half a game out from the top spot - an unlikely sweep would be just about as big as any three game set we've had this far during 2016.

Anything less than a series win is a big fail. We gotta right the ship for the rest of the year --- and it starts with this upcoming series.

Who are you to say what the Sox need to do ? You can't even wake up on time to do your game thread duties. You'd be working on your 3rd one for tomorrow if you were not stoned on melatonin. Slacker ! :P

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
Who are you to say what the Sox need to do ? You can't even wake up on time to do your game thread duties. You'd be working on your 3rd one for tomorrow if you were not stoned on melatonin. Slacker ! :P

Just stating an observation - like you.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)

I bought some melatonin tea a few years ago to help me try and sleep. s*** works way, way, way too well. I had a very hard time waking up on it and would feel groggy all day. Now I just stick to the old standbys weed and booze to put me to bed. Or the Sox offense.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 05:29 PM)
I bought some melatonin tea a few years ago to help me try and sleep. s*** works way, way, way too well. I had a very hard time waking up on it and would feel groggy all day. Now I just stick to the old standbys weed and booze to put me to bed. Or the Sox offense.

The best way to fell asleep is owning a very comfy couch and working your ass off physically. I can't lay down on my couch without falling asleep.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)

It's from spending too much time listening to the song from Silversun Pickups. :D

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
The best way to fell asleep is owning a very comfy couch and working your ass off physically. I can't lay down on my couch without falling asleep.

Def agree on that. I go hiking / backpacking fairly often and nothing feels as good as your bed (I got a decent couch too) after a couple nights in a tent on a sleeping mat and 20 miles on your feet.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
It's from spending too much time listening to the song from Silversun Pickups. :D

I never emphatically yelled "YES" more vocally or repeatedly than the time Silverbum pickups exited the stage. They were playing a festival and were slotted right before TOOL. It was an embasasment to everyone's ears.