Let's Rebuild the Sox

Bigsoxhurt35

I've spent the past few days rebuilding them in my head and on MLB the Show. I traded everyone expect Rodon, Eaton, Anderson. You can only do three player deals in this game so obviously I'd want more for Sale but getting a young impact bat and 2 of their top pitching prospects is a good start. Obviously this team would take its lumps but the future would be very bright.

Sale, Jones to LAD for Joc Pederson, Jose De Leon and Grant Holmes

Quintana, Robertson to BOS for O; Jackie Bradley Jr, 2B Yoan Moncada and OF Andrew Benintendi

Abreu to STL P Alex Reyes, P Luke Weaver and C Carson Kelly

Frazier to NYM 1B Dominic Smith and P Marcos Molina

Melky Cabrera to TEX for SS/3B Josh Morgan and P Ariel Jurado

Didn't trade Lawrie. Kept him because he's still young and playing well for us.

Just want to see how everyone on here would do there's (I realize it's not actually happening but I'm doing this for curiosity and entertainment).

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I've spent the past few days rebuilding them in my head and on MLB the Show. I traded everyone expect Rodon, Eaton, Anderson. You can only do three player deals in this game so obviously I'd want more for Sale but getting a young impact bat and 2 of their top pitching prospects is a good start. Obviously this team would take its lumps but the future would be very bright.

Quintana, Robertson to BOS for O; Jackie Bradley Jr, 2B Yoan Moncada and OF Andrew Benintendi

Just want to see how everyone on here would do there's (I realize it's not actually happening but I'm doing this for curiosity and entertainment).

Sale and Jones would net at least Urias and Joc in my opinion. Sale and Jones for Urias, Joc, Holmes, Herrera, and Verdugo.

Quintana to Boston for Bradley Jr, Espinonza, and Devers.

Frazier to the Mets for Smith and Cecchini

Package for Sale is way too light.

Lol it was on a video game. They wouldn't give more than that. Obviously I would've wanted more. I said that. It's hard to get the most realistic value in a video game lol. I knew I'd get crushed but I wanted to see what y'all would do and want.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
Package for Sale is way too light.

Like I said. I could only do three players and couldn't get what I wanted fully. I wanted Joc and Urias so in the game I settle for that. I wanted more feedback than that trade sucked. What would you do and want?

If you are playing a video game, why don't you just keep the White Sox awesome players and add more players?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
If you are playing a video game, why don't you just keep the White Sox awesome players and add more players?

Because they always underachieved after the trade deadline. I loved dealing some vets for prospects and turning it around the next year or somehow turning it around that year. But it's not real life.

If it were real life and we waved the White Flag, I would still deal Sale because it would turn the team around with the package they'd get. But as I've seen discussed here, you can't trust Hahn and the current regime to turn the team over and evaluate players correctly.

Talk about ridiculously overvaluing your players.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:10 PM)
As much as I wanted to trade Quintana to Boston for JBJ in the offseason there's no way that Boston takes that deal. I think that ship has sailed

I'd be disappointed w that trade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 10m10 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Buster Olney just said on ESPN Radio the White Sox should sell high with Quintana to the BoSox and that they'd def overpay #Benintendi

Depending on how we play over the next 3 and a half weeks, I might agree

Buster Olney just said on ESPN Radio the White Sox should sell high with Quintana to the BoSox and that they'd def overpay #Benintendi

Andrew Benintendi, Anderson Espinoza, and 3B Rafael Devers.

Buster said that the White Sox should listen because Dombrowski will overpay with the pressure on Boston to win. He did say that he wouldn't necessarily trade him though. He mentioned Moncada and Benintendi.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
Buster said that the White Sox should listen because Dombrowski will overpay with the pressure on Boston to win. He did say that he wouldn't necessarily trade him though. He mentioned Moncada and Benintendi.

Boy, if you could land both of those guys for Quintana, I don't know how you pass that up. The more you read about Moncada, it looks like he is on his way to superstardom. He's a top ten player on just about every top prospect list out there. Huge offensive potential which, the last I looked, that was an attribute sorely missing with the Sox for some time now. The other guy, Benintendi, is also a blue chip prospect with vast offensive potential. You add both of those guys to an offensive core featuring Abreu, Eaton, and now Anderson as well, and that's not looking too shabby from a long term perspective. And then there's Zach Collins looming in the not so distant future, too.

So I don't know. Trading Quintana obviously signals a different direction than it would appear the Sox want to go. But maybe in a couple of weeks facts on the ground will dictate a different path they made need to travel.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Boy, if you could land both of those guys for Quintana, I don't know how you pass that up. The more you read about Moncada, it looks like he is on his way to superstardom. He's a top ten player on just about every top prospect list out there. Huge offensive potential which, the last I looked, that was an attribute sorely missing with the Sox for some time now. The other guy, Benintendi, is also a blue chip prospect with vast offensive potential. You add both of those guys to an offensive core featuring Abreu, Eaton, and now Anderson as well, and that's not looking too shabby from a long term perspective. And then there's Zach Collins looming in the not so distant future, too.

So I don't know. Trading Quintana obviously signals a different direction than it would appear the Sox want to go. But maybe in a couple of weeks facts on the ground will dictate a different path they made need to travel.

I'd trade Quintana because it would really help. He's my favorite player on the team but if the Sox can get a huge package from Boston, you do it.