07/03 GDT Sox at Astros

The Sir

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 3, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
Yeah, as much as people like to act like Q is a victim of poor run support, in the last couple of starts he's been a victim of not being very good. In the last five starts, he only has two quality starts (two of those starts were disasters, where he gave up more runs than IP). Out of 16 starts this season, he has 7 high quality starts (at least 7 IP, no more than 3 ER). By comparison, Chris Sale has 12 high quality starts and only one disaster start. If Jose Quintana wants to start winning ball games, he needs to start pitching better. Dude is certainly not an ace.

He isn't an ace, but a guy with an ERA in the low 3's and 200 innings every year is a solid #2 or great #3. You can certainly win with guys like Jose Quintana if you have a decent roster around them. He'd fit in just fine with anyone on Cleveland's rotation and theirs is the best in the division.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 3, 2016 -> 01:57 PM)
Thanks, I couldn't tell if it hit off his glove

I wasn't paying attention enough to that part of it. I know he seemed a little banged up from colliding into the wall. I'm on my phone looking NBA stuff

Edited by SouthSideSale