Countdown to the Trade Deadline..

ChiSox59

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 07:37 AM)
For conversation sake:

Jose Abreu - .258

Todd Frazier - .145

Melky - .293

Lawrie - .284

Avi - .333

Shuck - .208

Navaro - .234

Eaton - .239

Anderson - .278

Jackson - .364

What is this? Frazier is hitting .145?? On the road or what?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/10/1214...ors-yasiel-puig

Dodgers open to trading Puig, but must receive MLB pieces back in return

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/8/12132...hner-de-la-rosa

Looking at this article, you'd think the White Sox actually have MORE motivation to make a move at the deadline, because they have two aces lined up for the post-season in Sale/Q...and both teams pretty much have to make the decision to begin rebuilding or go all-in at the All-Star Break in 2017. How desperate are both owners to get to the post-season??

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 02:45 AM)
http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/10/1214...ors-yasiel-puig

Dodgers open to trading Puig, but must receive MLB pieces back in return

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/8/12132...hner-de-la-rosa

Looking at this article, you'd think the White Sox actually have MORE motivation to make a move at the deadline, because they have two aces lined up for the post-season in Sale/Q...and both teams pretty much have to make the decision to begin rebuilding or go all-in at the All-Star Break in 2017. How desperate are both owners to get to the post-season??

Ya that's where we need to be. Go for it or sell. They don't have to trade Sale til the offseason if they did decide to sell even Q if the right deals not there. But they could move Melky, Robertson, Frazier and maybe Abreu.

I wouldn't trade Nate Jones. I'd keep him and make him close next year. I want Moncada badly from Boston. I wanted the sox to go all in and sign him. He is going to be a star and showed out during the futures game.

Edited by SouthSideSale

If the asking price is Moncada, the Red Sox are going to fall back to their secondary packages that start with Benitendi...let's say, someone like Rich Hill (who was Boston property not so long ago) or Sonny Gray. With Gray's ERA still hovering above 5, Beane would be better off holding onto him unless he's totally bowled over with an offer.

Everything not nailed down in the starting rotation for Tampa Bay (meaning all the starters other than Archer) are on the market as well.

The Padres might choose to build around Drew Pomeranz or leverage him for a huge return this year, assuming he won't continue to overperform like this.

Likewise, anyone you want in the Twins' rotation is available for the right price as well...Santana being the most attractive target.

Teheran and Vizcaino from the Braves.

Thankfully there are other suitors for Q, such as the Rangers and Dodgers that have the pieces to possibly make some sense. Or the Cubs, although that's a one in a million likelihood of happening.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
What is this? Frazier is hitting .145?? On the road or what?

Is this an act you do to get attention ? Maybe you are on some kind of meds. I'd like to be empathetic instead of rolling my eyes mostly at what you say, It's obvious from just a few posts above is how those guys listed hit with RISP ( runners in scoring position).