• KyYlE23 vs Caulfield
    • Thad Bosley vs Southsider2k5
    • raBBit vs Caulfield
    • Other

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
does anyone still have a link to this?

or classic examples of the other "beefs"

Honestly I was half-expecting this thread to be about the best Italian Beef just from the title

what was this one

Both are in my sig.

Here's the starting point of me boiling over.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...3338&st=450

The follow-up, with the GOAT post by J4L.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry2492929

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 07:05 PM)
Both are in my sig.

Here's J4L's comment.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
And I did just that. I couldn't in good conscious let this horrendous atrocity continue. I might have kids someday. In fact, I'll provide transcripts of my conversation:

DCFS: Department of Children and Family Services, this is Agnus, how may I assist you today?

Me: Yes, I would like to report some continuous abuse that I've been observing for the last few weeks.

Agnus: Ok, Sir. Can I get your first and last name, please?

Me: My name is Jordan4life.

Agnus: Jordanforlife?

Me: Yes

Agnus: OK, sir...can I get your date of birth?

Me: 4-1-83

Agnus: OK, sir, go right on ahead and tell me what's going on.

Me: Yes, there's this gentleman that goes by the name of Quinarvy. And I've observed him repeatedly, I mean at will, abusing another person, I'm assuming a 12-year old child, by the name of VictoryMC98.

Agnus: So you say the two parties in question go by the name of Quinarvy and VictoriMC98?

Me: That is correct.

Agnus: OK, continue.

Me: This has been happening every day for weeks now. I don't really know this Quinarvy guy. But this seems to be, like, deliberate and elaborate on his part. Like he's personally picked this child out. You know, like a predator or a big anaconda that stalks its prey? I've never seen anything like it before.

Agnus: Wow, this does sound serious.

Me: Yes, I know. I'm a hard-working american citizen. I don't smoke or drink. I'm totally against sex before marriage. I go to Church every Monday, Friday and Sunday. I could no longer look at myself in the mirror and no that such domination was talking place in which one human being was, just, I mean, I can't even explain it. Have you ever seen Roots?

Agnus: Roots? I don't think I have.

Me: Well, in this film, the lead darkie or black guy, gets his foot chopped off when he tries to escape. That's how severe of ownage this is.

Agnus: OK, sir. I really appreciate you coming forward. I need you to go a little more into detail now. This might be hard. But I'm going to need some graphic details as I type up this report.

Me: That's what I'm here for. OK, there's this message board by the name of Soxtalk.

Agnus: Soxtalk?

Me: Yes, Soxtalk. Just a bunch of White Sox fans that converge together and discuss the team. And this guy, who I'm assuming is a child, just kinda comes out of nowhere the last month or so and starts postin' jibberish. Like he's trying to impose his will on the board.

Agnus: Jibberish?

Me: That's basically slang for bulls***.

Agnus: I see. Are you sure Victory is a minor?

Me: You wouldn't even ask that if you had observed his writings. And quinarvy just abuses him, you know, intellectually. Like you know how they say never bring a knife to a gun fight? Victory apparently doesn't understand that and for some reason tries to challenge Quinarvy even though he's just not equipped.

Agnus: Ok, sir. Now when did you observe the physical abuse?

Me: Physical? I didn't say that. This is message board abuse. Just one poster clearly getting the best of another. Abuse is abuse, right?

Agnus: Wait, you called DCFS up to report message board abuse?

Me: I felt it was my duty.

Agnus: OK, sir. Can you hold please?

Me: No problem

***About 5 minutes goes by***

***Really loud banging on the door***

Inaudible -

Inaudible

Police: Open up! You're being charged with filing a fake abuse report!

Call abruptly ends

The part about Roots was hilarious, although done in true J4L/Whitlockian fashion...like SBC in Borat. Nobody else could get away with saying that kind of stuff.

Greg Vs. the FBI

Greg Vs. Anyone who impugns Ozzie or 2005 White Sox team members

Greg (1st person) Vs. Greg (Bob Dole 3rd person)

Edited by caulfield12

I picked Dick Allen vs. Caulfield cause it's so perplexing. Caulfield seems like one of the nicest guys ever. At least that's my message board perception and Dick seems like a more aggressive kind of nice guy but a nice guy as well. But Dick gets after Caulfield a lot. It's a "funny" fighting rivalry.

I was gonna say "the entire board vs. Greg" as I don't feel like I have any real, actual supporters of my positions or me even. Caulfield and Fathom are the most civil toward me, while there are a few that really despise me. Believe it or not I know the names when I see the threads but I can't just pick out the names. I know quin seems to hate me but I think there was one post where he said I was OK.

Anyhow, I go for Caulfied vs. Dick Allen.

I thought Fathom vs. the Cubs was creative and funny.

I have to watch out for my fellow Kansas Citian. Like a Congressian!

Actually, since I lived on Genessee (near KU Med) and that's only two blocks east of State Line, might as well have been a Kansan.

It's all good. If Dick Allen, Marty34 and ncorgbl were the same person, I would understand it a bit more.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
Johnnies is my favorite beef, but Portillo's isn't bad, and a combo at Luke's is a treat.

Best beefs ever where at the now closed Jimmy's in Arlington Heights.

This is what I thought whenisaw the title. :D

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
Johnnies is my favorite beef, but Portillo's isn't bad, and a combo at Luke's is a treat.

Best beefs ever where at the now closed Jimmy's in Arlington Heights.

That beef sandwich at Midway airport is sooooo good.

Also I was disappointed. I was home for my uncle's funeral and met a friend at some place in Naperville to eat right next to the fabled Lantern bar. I said, 'damn I have to get my Chicago beef fix" and was served trash.

And suburbia is full of good beef places. It was sad to be served such a lousy Chicago beef sandwich.

I've argued with quite a few people on here, but I'm not sure I'd call them a "beef". As hard headed as I can be at times, my opinion has been changed by people on this forum on certain subjects, and I others I simply disagree with them, but that doesn't mean I hate them or think they're stupid.

Some beef is big and some beef is small

But what ya'll call beef is not beef at all

Beef is real life happening every day

And it's realer than them songs you gave to Kayslay

This has been a real n****s P.S.A

From Mos Def pretty flaco

Black Dante

And the Black Star Embassy B to the K! - Mos Def

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
I'm honored to have 3 rivalries, lol.

We need to bring back Marty34, TheUltimateChampion and LDF.

I'd add "GreenSox/Heroes and Anti-Heroes" rivalry with many.

Greg vs. Las Vegas

Back in the good 'ol days, Ncorgbl/Sat46 vs. Everyone at chisox.com

For my money, Disappearing Balta vs. the Collective Conscience of the Remaining, More Pro Sox moderating team...because it encapsulates the fight for A CLEAR direction to be set by Sox organization in and for the future.

LIP vs. Younger Generation who don't have as much respect for "traditional" journalism

Greg vs. Hillary Clinton (pretty sure he's losing that one)

Hickory Huskers vs. Rock (sad misunderstanding, and a good example why taking any of this online stuff TOO seriously is probably bad for your health)

Thad Bosley vs. 35 Years of Sox history under Reinsdorf/Einhorn

Fathom vs. the Cubs

I died at this comment.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
These are not healthy topics for anyone considering joining this site. Making threads about users is not healthy.

Italian beefs may not be the healthiest sandwich option, but I won't stand for topics about them getting banned.

NO1BeefWeb.jpg

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
Both are in my sig.

The worst part about this is that we were arguing about whether the team would be better if Brent Lillibridge, a guy I forgot even existed, would make a better starter.

This team has been so bad for so long :(

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
The worst part about this is that we were arguing about whether the team would be better if Brent Lillibridge, a guy I forgot even existed, would make a better starter.

This team has been so bad for so long :(

How can you forget the Stealth Elf!?