7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
I swear I used to watch Adam Eaton throw and think to myself that he had the arm of a teenage girl. When did that change?

He never had a bad arm. There was that myth for some bizarre reason this offseason. I did my best to combat it (I WAS RIGHT!!!). He registered some of the hardest throws all of last year across mlb yet that myth would perpetuat, I think, because he's "grindy". He's also gotten a lot more accurate in RF then CF for whatever reason which has educated the masses on his arm.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
I swear I used to watch Adam Eaton throw and think to myself that he had the arm of a teenage girl. When did that change?

He used to try and kill every worm on the way to the base with a 18 hopper from center field. Something about RF has allowed him to fix his launch point. Someone pointed out to me this spring that he actually had one of the highest recorded velocities from the OF last year in all of MLB (when I said he had a weak arm) but actually it was mostly just a really s***ty launch angle.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
He never had a bad arm. There was that myth for some bizarre reason this offseason. I did my best to combat it (I WAS RIGHT!!!). He registered some of the hardest throws all of last year across mlb yet that myth would perpetuat, I think, because he's "grindy". He's also gotten a lot more accurate in RF then CF for whatever reason which has educated the masses on his arm.

ha, read my post below yours :D, must have been you spreading that gospel!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
He used to try and kill every worm on the way to the base with a 18 hopper from center field. Something about RF has allowed him to fix his launch point. Someone pointed out to me this spring that he actually had one of the highest recorded velocities from the OF last year in all of MLB (when I said he had a weak arm) but actually it was mostly just a really s***ty launch angle.

That makes sense so I could see it. Plus he had shoulder surgery last year right?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
A couple really bad starts have masked the fact that he's been really solid in 7 of his 11 starts, and that's not including tonight.

Not only is he getting it done but he's not just getting it down with smoke and mirrors like Latos. He's showing good fastball velocity and command and his off speed stuff works off that well enough.

Gotta give Cooper and the Sox credit but IMO it feels sorta just like they lucked into a legit MLB starter that the Orioles gave up on too soon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
So far, so good for Gonzalez.

Yes, but given how many pitches he keeps on throwing, there's no chance that this will be a complete game for him.

I honestly have no idea how Yankees fans get excited about watching this group of geriatrics day after day. Carlos Beltran? Mark Teixeira? Brian McCann? AROD?! Their fascinating young prospect to follow is...Didi Gregorius? God, that's rough. And they're under .500? If this combination of roster and success (or lack thereof) was on the Southside, we'd be lucky to draw 10,000 a game.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
I honestly have no idea how Yankees fans get excited about watching this group of geriatrics day after day. Carlos Beltran? Mark Teixeira? Brian McCann? AROD?! Their fascinating young prospect to follow is...Didi Gregorius? God, that's rough. And they're under .500? If this combination of roster and success (or lack thereof) was on the Southside, we'd be lucky to draw 10,000 a game.

they've been run into the ground since the old man died. Hank and his bro are just trust fun babies with no business or baseball sense.

Outside of his token bad start every 2-3 outings, Miguel Gonzalez has been pretty damn good for this team. If Shields can even pitch like a #3/4, this team's pitching is more than good enough.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:19 PM)
That makes sense, especially about the launch angle issue. I clearly remember that he used to throw these totally ineffective worm burners. Either way, glad that's fixed!

To all of you who are wondering why Eaton did not display this arm last season, I understand that he was in tremendous pain all of last year.

The shoulder surgery has removed all of the pain.

QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Why so few people on the forum tonight?

It's a matter of results. Third place team not competing for the division title, and on the periphery for contention of the second Wild Card spot, which is not that exciting to follow in July.

Edited by Thad Bosley