7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
541 posts in the game against Boston. WGN games would be the same. You are wrong. James Sheilds on a weekday WGN game got over 400.

I looked a little bit... mostly saw CSN games with longer threads. There were a couple outliers.

I'll look again later.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
I can't believe this is even an argument. To say there's no difference in activity between winning and losing threads is all kinds of naive. It's plainly obvious.

I'm not really arguing that.. I said right away that could be a part of it. I'm saying there are other pretty large factors.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
I can't believe this is even an argument. To say there's no difference in activity between winning and losing threads is all kinds of naive. It's plainly obvious.

There's more venting and b****ing during losing threads. Just my opinion. Seems like it on my Chiefs board as well. Losing stirs things up more, more arguments, debates.

What team has more fans in winning/blowout games than close/controversial losses?

The Cubs? Cardinals? Red Sox?

Plus, Shields' run of 4-5 starts there was historical, unprecedented levels of bad. It was a train wreck or a NASCAR 13 car pile-up at Darlington.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:48 AM)
There's more venting and b****ing during losing threads. Just my opinion. Seems like it on my Chiefs board as well. Losing stirs things up more, more arguments, debates.

Of course there's more posts when losing. I'm sure I'm guilty of it, as there's usually more posters active on here as well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
Great start for Gonzalez. When you look around the league, everyone wants starting pitching except maybe the Indians. If the Sox can get some consistency, they could have one of the better rotations.

Rodon is the key. If he pitches like we know he can, the Sox will have a very solid rotation. If he continues to stink up the joint, then, well, it isn't so good.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
What team has more fans in winning/blowout games than close/controversial losses?

The Cubs? Cardinals? Red Sox?

Plus, Shields' run of 4-5 starts there was historical, unprecedented levels of bad. It was a train wreck or a NASCAR 13 car pile-up at Darlington.

NASCAR! I need to bring that back instead of Unbelievable..........

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
The least 10 posted in game threads.... the Sox are 6-4

Okay now I'm really done with research. Doesn't appear to be much a correlation this year.

i was kidding about making a thread about threads.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Does any other fanbase in the country have this exact conversation going on right now?

I'd hope Mariners fans are more excited about beating the Astros than their 39 years of ineptitude.

You aren't. You first checked out after ripping Avi's OPS for the 2000th time, then he gave them the lead., and haven't had any game comment since.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)

Not if you have a vested interest in being negative.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
541 posts in the game against Boston. WGN games would be the same. You are wrong. James Sheilds on a weekday WGN game got over 400.

Yeah I started to try and go through all those.. not worth the time that is going to take...

I will admit this... some WPR threads are gigantic some are very tiny.

Another thing I'll admit.. anytime shields started during his horrible stretch the threads were gigantic.