7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
hey the bulls got wade!

And then the poster actually has to care about NBA basketball, haha.

I love college basketball, but only watch the playoffs these days for NBA...ever since Jordan left the Bulls.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Ventura getting "too cute" here trying to get him into a game against his former team when it wasn't really necessary.

When it comes to the closer, it's usually the player usually who decides how often he needs to work to stay sharp as he can go a number of games without pitching. with the long break coming up they have decided he needed the work.

That's the only reason he would be in.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
replay is fine the way they do it is f***ING STUPID.

jesus, just have a 5th ump in the booth LIVE at the game, you don't need "New York".

So f***ing stupid. Even the NFL isn't this dumb.

I don't mind the human element. But if getting it right is so important, use robots or computers for balls, strikes, everything.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Tomorrow's an off day so maybe he just needed the work.

of course, RV trying to get a guy work almost came back to haunt him. RV just manages the pen too loose imo. Don't bring the close in to a non save situation, ever, who cares if he needs the work especially with David his arm is glass apparently.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
of course, RV trying to get a guy work almost came back to haunt him. RV just manages the pen too loose imo. Don't bring the close in to a non save situation, ever, who cares if he needs the work especially with David his arm is glass apparently.

I don't recall him missing much time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
SouthSider should be more optimistic.

He's starting to sound like Hawk when it comes to umpire reviews/challenges.

if you ask most fans I think they'd say the replay process sucks and hasn't resulted in a "fairer" overall experience. It gets the really bad ones fixed sure but on average meh. 90% of the time a challenge happens it's obvious the call should stand imo. This is baseball, given any sort of reasonable doubt just move on and leave it. 90 seconds tops on the review should be the standard.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)
my complaint is with the perception I guess, he's fine but RV seems to treat him with kid arms. I'd just let him rest today.

He'll get plenty of rest with the AS break coming up. Now is the time to get him work and keep him sharp. I bet you see him in at least two of the ATL games, needed or not.

Edit: he's on pace this year to exceed his highest season total for innings. That's not handling him with kid gloves.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
if you ask most fans I think they'd say the replay process sucks and hasn't resulted in a "fairer" overall experience. It gets the really bad ones fixed sure but on average meh. 90% of the time a challenge happens it's obvious the call should stand imo. This is baseball, given any sort of reasonable doubt just move on and leave it. 90 seconds tops on the review should be the standard.

This. My thing is:. Move on, play ball. The world is not going to end if they don't get it right. have a process in place to get rid of bad umpires, but don't neuter them. The games are plenty long enough.