Carlos Gonzalez expresses interest to be traded

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/carl...in-a-trade.html

I think CarGo would be a great addition to the lineup. Wonder what it would take to get him here?

He'd be a great addition to pretty much any lineup. Sox don't have the prospects to get him. Plenty of teams in the race that will be buyers at the deadline that can easily outbid the Sox, especially with Adams going down with an injury (thought I admittedly have no idea how severe his injury was)

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
His home/road splits... :lol: no thank you

He is amazing at home, but it isnt like he is Adam Dunn on the road. .279/.337/.413 isnt anything to be ashamed of.

And if he can generate the same kind of home cooking at the cell, im all for it

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
His home/road splits... :lol: no thank you

I always get torn about his home/road splits. I've read breakdowns about how it can take a couple games to adjust from Coors Field to a regular elevation, so there is an even larger difference in their home/away splits.

Matt Holliday was fine outside of Coors.

Corey Dickerson...not so much

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
I always get torn about his home/road splits. I've read breakdowns about how it can take a couple games to adjust from Coors Field to a regular elevation, so there is an even larger difference in their home/away splits.

Yeah Coors home/road splits should be taken with some grains of salt, pretty much every hitter on the Rockies has very unusual splits (even accounting for their home park hitter paradise) because of the adjustment. Plus, as pointed out, his road splits are still good (.780 OPS last three years)

I think Cargo would be just about exactly what we need. I am all for it.

If you can get him for a package of 2nd tier guys while eating all of his contract, I say do it. But that's unlikely.

Something like Engel/May, Guerrero, Danish and Hawkins. But I highly highly doubt the Rockies will move him without Fulmer or Anderson, which I don't see the Sox doing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)

Troy Tulowitzki is another example, he has been poor offensively.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)

Worth pointing out about Holliday, he was fine...but it also took him more than 1/2 a season and being traded back to the NL to be fine. His OPS dropped more than 100 points from his previous season upon going to Oakland, then he recovered to the hitter he was once he was traded back to the NL.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Worth pointing out about Holliday, he was fine...but it also took him more than 1/2 a season and being traded back to the NL to be fine. His OPS dropped more than 100 points from his previous season upon going to Oakland, then he recovered to the hitter he was once he was traded back to the NL.

I think he also had some injury issues that contributed to that in Oakland

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)

Oakland is also about the worst hitters park in baseball, so that isn't exactly a big shock. The spacious foul territory creates a lot of extra outs.

Here we go. Knew this was coming

.750 OPS away from Coors field in 2016; .758 in 2015.

That's Rios. Hahn set that value: Leury Garcia. (really should be less considering that Rios made 60% of Cargo's money)

Paying anything more than the value of a .758 OPS earning $20 million a year is wishcasting. That's all it is.

If we want a Rockie, get Blackmon

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)

That's Rios. Hahn set that value: Leury Garcia. (really should be less considering that Rios made 60% of Cargo's money)

Paying anything more than the value of a .758 OPS earning $20 million a year is wishcasting. That's all it is.

LOL

I'll get my testicles chopped off if the Rockies trade Carlos Gonzalez straight up for Leury Garcia.

But Alex Rios has a WS ring. You've hero worshipped him plenty. Don't you want another one?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
But Alex Rios has a WS ring. You've hero worshipped him plenty. Don't you want another one?

Wait, because Rios was part of a WS winner, we should have gotten better value for him than Leury Garcia, according to GreenSox.

So therefore we have to trade more than Leury Garcia for CarGo.