7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+

5 series wins in a row, let's make it 6. With Sale and Quintana both going there is zero excuse to not win this series. Let's sweep these clowns and go into the break at 47-41 coming off a 14-5 run. If we sweep we should be within ~2 of the wild card and ~5 of the division. That would have to make us buyers. Both the division and the wild card are there for the taking.

Let's root for some Tigers, Rays, Yankees, Athletics and Mariners wins this weekend!

Sale vs Braves (never faced as a team)

Aybar - 1-11, 1 2B, 2 K (.091/.091/.182)

Francoeur - 3-21, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 2 K (.143/.280/.286)

Markakis - 4-11, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K (.364/.500/.455)

Pierzynski - 0-3, 1 K (.000/.000/.000)

Wisler vs White Sox (never faced as a team)

Navarro - 3-3, 1 2B (1.000/1.000/1.333)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late night for the Braves last night, doesnt matter if they were already in town. Not finishing up a game until around 1ish (get out by 2) is not a good start to a series where you need to face Sale and Quintana in the first 2 games. Take the first 2 and let Shields have a little pressure off his shoulders.

The way the pitching aligns nothing short of 2 out of 3 is acceptable here.

If they could sweep...this horrific streak this team has been on stablizes a bit. Sox would get to 24-31 after the 23-10 start...which is bad, but sure not as bad as it has felt at times.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 04:39 AM)
5 series wins in a row, let's make it 6. With Sale and Quintana both going there is zero excuse to not win this series. Let's sweep these clowns and go into the break at 47-41 coming off a 14-5 run. If we sweep we should be within ~2 of the wild card and ~5 of the division. That would have to make us buyers. Both the division and the wild card are there for the taking.

Let's root for some Tigers, Rays, Yankees, Athletics and Mariners wins this weekend!

Sale vs Braves (never faced as a team)

Aybar - 1-11, 1 2B, 2 K (.091/.091/.182)

Francoeur - 3-21, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 2 K (.143/.280/.286)

Markakis - 4-11, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K (.364/.500/.455)

Pierzynski - 0-3, 1 K (.000/.000/.000)

Wisler vs White Sox (never faced as a team)

Navarro - 3-3, 1 2B (1.000/1.000/1.333)

Not sure I see them being 5 games back of the division with a sweep, simply because that would involve Cleveland losing 2 of their last 3 from the Yankees but 6 games back of the division in 2nd place while 2 games or less back from a wild card spot would be very ideal all things considered.

I still want to be realistic & say 2 of 3 but man, it would sure be nice to get this sweep going into the break, especially with them facing Anaheim coming out of the break.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Not sure I see them being 5 games back of the division with a sweep, simply because that would involve Cleveland losing 2 of their last 3 from the Yankees but 6 games back of the division in 2nd place while 2 games or less back from a wild card spot would be very ideal all things considered.

I still want to be realistic & say 2 of 3 but man, it would sure be nice to get this sweep going into the break, especially with them facing Anaheim coming out of the break.

You're right. I was thinking they were 6 back right now when I posted that and was giving Cleveland 2 of 3 this weekend. My bad. Either way, 6 back with 74 games to go and adding Austin Jackson and Justin Morneau after the break is not a bad spot to be in. I know a lot of people want to sell, but this team is still in it. One big trade or a couple of smaller ones and they could be sitting pretty. Just can't have another stretch like they did in late May, early June.

This feels like a trap series to me. Eyes on the players days-off or mini-vacays against one of the worst teams in the MLB. Sale, Q.. etc.

On the surface seems like we should take 2 of 3 easily and maybe sweep.

I feel we may get swept if we don't keep our focus. We are playing well lately no doubt but think of this.. since May 9? Sox are 21-31. Braves are 22-34. (Cubs 28-27 FWIW)

Basically what I am saying is don't get too caught up in names on front of the jersey on any given day. Look at what the braves did last night with what's his face pithcing...

Game 1: Sale vs. Wisler.

Should be heavily in our favors, however don't slouch on Wisler. He'll probably pitch into the 7th today and only walk 2-3 guys. 2-4ER

My guess: Sox 5, Braves 2

Game 2: Q vs. Teheran

It's classic matchup for Q. He'll probably get 0-1 runs of support against Teheran who is very legit. Sox don't win Quintana's games.

My guess: Braves 4, Sox 1

Game 3: Shields vs. someone (forget who, too lazy to look)

Which Shields will we get? I'd call this a toss up game of the rubber match.

I'd love to get 2 wins, but tonight is uber important. NEED the win.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
You're right. I was thinking they were 6 back right now when I posted that and was giving Cleveland 2 of 3 this weekend. My bad. Either way, 6 back with 74 games to go and adding Austin Jackson and Justin Morneau after the break is not a bad spot to be in. I know a lot of people want to sell, but this team is still in it. One big trade or a couple of smaller ones and they could be sitting pretty. Just can't have another stretch like they did in late May, early June.

Right there with you on the selling part. I was part of the crowd 3 weeks ago but things have changed. I didn't realize Teheran was going tomorrow vs Quintana. Might be a hard one to win but I like the matchup tonight & Sunday.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Right there with you on the selling part. I was part of the crowd 3 weeks ago but things have changed. I didn't realize Teheran was going tomorrow vs Quintana. Might be a hard one to win but I like the matchup tonight & Sunday.

I think regardless you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel -- this team isn't bad anymore they are just mediocre or maybe even slightly above average. That might be enough for a 2nd WC and I am pretty happy with the direction of the club other then Avi and RV at the moment. I like what I'm seeing from most everyone else.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Game 2: Q vs. Teheran

It's classic matchup for Q. He'll probably get 0-1 runs of support against Teheran who is very legit. Sox don't win Quintana's games.

My guess: Braves 4, Sox 1

I'll be in attendance tomorrow and am prepared to be very frustrated for exactly the reasons you said here.

Normally an optimist, I am going with a pessimistic view for this serious. The Braves are a pretty awful team, so we wont get swept....

Think we drop 2 of 3, with the only game we win being Sunday with Shields.... My logic? Because it's the White Sox.