White Sox Minor League Statistical Leaders - Hitters

NorthSideSox72

A look at the top 10 in key offensive categories among all White Sox prospects in 2015. Some expected, some surprises, and a strong overall showing from the rookie leagues highlight this one. Another theme - power was down compared to last year, but speed numbers were up. We look at AVG, OBP, SLG, XBH totals, contact rates and stolen bases.

We will cover starting pitchers, then relievers, in later articles.

Any surprises here for people?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
A look at the top 10 in key offensive categories among all White Sox prospects in 2015. Some expected, some surprises, and a strong overall showing from the rookie leagues highlight this one. Another theme - power was down compared to last year, but speed numbers were up. We look at AVG, OBP, SLG, XBH totals, contact rates and stolen bases.

We will cover starting pitchers, then relievers, in later articles.

Any surprises here for people?

excellent info.

the 2 players i am totally surprise about and will need to follow them are the first 2 in the avg chart.

niceeeeee.

great job as usual.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
should be self evident. how many guys are you excited about from high-A on up?

if this is about knowing and following prospects, then i understand and i don't agree.

i know many will not pan out as hope, but i really do like to follow the prospects and yes from the rookie league on. i know that is hard to believe but i have always been a minor league, farm team kind of person ..... but i do know there is a lot of hit or misses.

so your self evident comment is really not that self evident .

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
I can't follow what you are talking about. I was saying the system is pretty devoid of hitting prospects, but we all knew that. Would have been nice for a couple guys to break out.

but this excellent and promising report is about the future prospect and their development. the players to look for in coming yrs, to follow and yes to talk about...

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
should be self evident. how many guys are you excited about from high-A on up?

Anderson, Michalczewski, Alvarez, Coats, May are all guys A+ and up that I think can be contributors of one kind or another offensively. Then there are some lottery ticket guys with big tools that, if they can put it together, could be impact players - Hawkins, Engel come to mind (though they are longer shots).

The system isn't in a great place, but it isn't as desolate as I think you are making it out to be.

I did think the lack of power was a little disturbing system-wide. Take away the guy who hit .200 in his 3rd go-around in AAA (Davidson), just one player had more than 13 homers on the year (Coats had 17).

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
I'm not disappointed in the work put into the report. I'm disappointed in the players!

It was a good report! I liked it!

good and while you may have a good point, this is a rpt on the state of the future. not every org has it all planned out.

i am a fan who loves to follow the prospects, b/c i am that kind of an obsessive kind of a fan. i use this as a platform for the org to rebuild.

compare this to the idea of what the org look like in .... lets say 2012 or 2013.... this part of the org is growing... baby steps.

While rookie ball numbers look good, I don't know how variable and predictive they are. Only like 150 ABs, what are playing conditions, pitchers like? how do other orgs compare?

I'm not complaining about rookie ball numbers, I just don't know how excited I can get about such things.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
While rookie ball numbers look good, I don't know how variable and predictive they are. Only like 150 ABs, what are playing conditions, pitchers like? how do other orgs compare?

I'm not complaining about rookie ball numbers, I just don't know how excited I can get about such things.

there is no exact science on any of this. this is for reading pleasure.... for those who wants a snapshot of how the future may pan out.

remember some of these prospect may never pan out. but as a fan, i like the info provided. it is as simple as that.

maybe i am being a simpleton in my thoughts.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)

Oh these are indeed just stats. And rookie ball stats in particular shouldn't be heavily leaned on. As stated in the article, the stats are just one way to look at it. So just as you shouldn't get overly excited, you should also not get overly pessimistic about a lack of them in some cases.