White Sox Minor League Statistical Leaders - Starting Pitchers

NorthSideSox72

We covered hitting a few days ago. Now we are onto starting pitchers, looking at which ones led in some key statistical categories.

Repeating the caveat: stats are not the same as prospect value, present or future. They can be indicators of some things in some cases though, and they are one set of tools in evaluation.

Any surprises on this one? I'll say it made me start digging a bit more on a pitcher I hadn't given any thought to, after I made these lists.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
nice and great reading.

what came to mind was the prospect, and i can't remember his name. he came to camp and they left for a year or two. then he came back this yr.

do any remember this story .... who he is??

Not sure, though we did write an article about three players who were away from baseball for a few years then came back in 2015. Only one of the three is a legitimate prospect though, and the pitcher was released a few months into the season.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Not sure, though we did write an article about three players who were away from baseball for a few years then came back in 2015. Only one of the three is a legitimate prospect though, and the pitcher was released a few months into the season.

great article, i vaguely remember it and yeah it was Brett Bruening....

many thanks.