Sign Avi to a long term contract?

sin city sox fan

With Avi becoming one of the best hitters in all of baseball, should we make the move now to secure him long term? I think we could get a good discount based upon his performance of the last several years. Perhaps something like 6 years / $72 million? $12 million a year could still be a steal for someone capable of winning a triple crown and he's still young enough to be an integral part of our team when the prospects mature. I know some may say I sound crazy......but you have to roll the dice sometimes and this may be a good time to gamble.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People accuse me of being a troll. Me thinks this is a fake post. Avi is despised on this board. I'd say 90 percent of people on here would be against paying him any more $$ or adding any more years. I mean real money and real years. Obviously people would be OK extending his current chump change contract for 3 mill a year, add 5-6 more years. But real money? No way.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)
With Avi becoming one of the best hitters in all of baseball, should we make the move now to secure him long term? I think we could get a good discount based upon his performance of the last several years. Perhaps something like 6 years / $72 million? $12 million a year could still be a steal for someone capable of winning a triple crown and he's still young enough to be an integral part of our team when the prospects mature. I know some may say I sound crazy......but you have to roll the dice sometimes and this may be a good time to gamble.

Best sarcasm I've read all week.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
People accuse me of being a troll. Me thinks this is a fake post. Avi is despised on this board. I'd say 90 percent of people on here would be against paying him any more $$ or adding any more years. I mean real money and real years. Obviously people would be OK extending his current chump change contract for 3 mill a year, add 5-6 more years. But real money? No way.

I've called you a troll on numerous occasions, but sin city sox takes the cake. Dude has been trolling hard for a while now and people continue to fall for it.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:46 PM)
Avi must relish proving his keyboard critics wrong. That bomb he hit today was 429 feet, I believe - a game winning towering blast against a great pitcher in Yankee stadium.

Great pitcher???

It's not like we were facing Mussina or Andy Pettitte in their heyday.

Those of you poo-pooing the move will regret it if he fetches $25 million per year in the offseason. This could be our chance to lock up a Mike Trout or Bryce Harper type talent for half the dough. It could be instrumental in building that 2020 World Series championship team. Waiting is suicidal. This a move that needs to be made now before its too late.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 08:01 AM)
Those of you poo-pooing the move will regret it if he fetches $25 million per year in the offseason. This could be our chance to lock up a Mike Trout or Bryce Harper type talent for half the dough. It could be instrumental in building that 2020 World Series championship team. Waiting is suicidal. This a move that needs to be made now before its too late.

Winning is toxic for this board.

23-10 last year...

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:43 PM)
What do you recommend: The Jeff Keppinger deal, the Adam Dunn deal or the John Danks deal?

The Danks contract shouldn't be included here as it was due to injury. The others well they just played poorly.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)

:lolhitting lolhitting.giflolhitting.giflolhitting.giflolhitting.giflolhitting.giflolhitting.giflolhitting.gif