Piscotty to As trade official

bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)
Yeah I do think Cards are doing well for a final push, obviously sucks their Stanton trade didn't work out but if Fowler bounces back that's a real nice OF.

If Dejong is legit that could be a fun offense.

I think the Cardinals are only delaying the inevitable, I think they should be blow it up

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
St. Louis Cardinals‏Verified account

@Cardinals

1m1 minute ago

More

The Cardinals have traded OF Stephen Piscotty to the Oakland Athletics for SS Yairo Muñoz and 2B Max Schrock.

What a nice move by both teams. If people hadn't heard, Piscotty's mom was diagnosed with ALS, so he asked to be traded closer to home so he can be near her.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
What a nice move by both teams. If people hadn't heard, Piscotty's mom was diagnosed with ALS, so he asked to be traded closer to home so he can be near her.

I had not heard this, glad that was able to be worked out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
They are but also this is shown to be a terrible market to blow it up in.

Cardinals decided to push for one or two more years of contention instead of going for a rebuild. This is not an ideal year to rebuild, nor is next offseason with the best free agent class of the decade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)

That's what I was referring to.

Its great that the Cardinals did this.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 04:39 PM)
I don't think the Cardinals are anywhere near blowing it up. They pretty consistently put a good team on the field with a fairly steady stream of prospects in the minors.

This is a good move by them too.

Agreed on all of this. And they have plenty of money to spend when they want to. They're fine.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 04:39 PM)
I don't think the Cardinals are anywhere near blowing it up. They pretty consistently put a good team on the field with a fairly steady stream of prospects in the minors.

This is a good move by them too.

The Cardinals are masters of finding prospects nobody has heard of and getting 3+ WAR seasons out of them in MLB