$10,625,000

witesoxfan

Would have spent less money on a better pitcher in Foulke, but that's only my opinion.

But the one thing Billy Koch has over Foulke is a 97 MPH fastball when he's right.And I don't believe he is as easy as Foulke to sit on one pitch and whack it out of the yard the Vlad Guerrero did last June when the 'Spos beat the Sox 2-1 on a Saturday night in June at Comiskey.

Let's just see what happens next.

Would have spent less money on a better pitcher in Foulke, but that's only my opinion.

Not really because Foulke is making 6 Mil this year and when his deal is up he will probably get a raise. We have Koch at 4.25 this year (the low end of his arbitration deal) and for only 6mil next year, and he is coming off the rolaids relief award. Smart money deal by the Sox. IMO.

NYSF

We would probably have this year as a closer by committee situation, and as NYSF said, Foulke will earn more than Koch will this year and next year as well as probably 2005.

I think our bullpen now looks better than it would have looked with Foulke in it...you want closer by committee? Go ahead...I'll take one main gun, and I'll gladly take a 98 MPH fastball out of that gun.

Not really because Foulke is making 6 Mil this year and when his deal is up he will probably get a raise. We have Koch at 4.25 this year (the low end of his arbitration deal) and for only 6mil next year, and he is coming off the rolaids relief award. Smart money deal by the Sox. IMO.

NYSF

I'm with you. They sign him to a deal for 2 years, one longer then Keith will be here and then after his deal is up, they will still have him arbitration eligible for one more season.

Keith makes more now, and will likely get a raise next year. I still say, I like the idea of a guy that wants to close and have the ball in his hands in the ninth inning. Keith wants to start.

By the way, welcome aboard.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Sounds like a fair deal. Now if only one of our other pitchers could get a fair deal thing would be fabulous. jr, kw hello anyone listening?

ok ill be the b**** here and say that i think its a bit much for a guy whos never thrown a ball for us.........espically when we treat our ace like total s***..........but thats just me.... i would have taken care of the home business first then took care of the new comer............ :fyou kw and jr....

Guest hotsoxchick1
Carlos Lee at a higher payroll.

youre joking right...he makes over 4 million now

which is more than enough for the quality he displays on the field............if anyone was ever over paid its dumbasslee..........

Sounds like a fair deal. Now if only one of our other pitchers could get a fair deal thing would be fabulous. jr, kw hello anyone listening?

ok ill be the b**** here and say that i think its a bit much for a guy whos never thrown a ball for us.........espically when we treat our ace like total s***..........but thats just me.... i would have taken care of the home business first then took care of the new comer............ :fyou kw and jr....

Well I only meant that it was fair considering baseball's current salary structure. Yes Mark should have been taken care of first but it seems the priorities of management are........ lets see how can I put this nicely........completely and totally f***ed up beyond all recognition. As for the part about being a b****, I value my life and therefore have no comment :lol:

The reason Koch was a priority here, is that he was headed to arbitration. This was a good move. Avoid arbitration whenever possible. Buerhle is not arbitration eligble. Still, I really wish they'd do Mark right and make deal with him.

Carlos Lee at a higher payroll.

youre joking right...he makes over 4 million now

I meant the general payroll I think. I can't even figure out what I was saying.

Next year I don't see Lee making more then 5 million a year. He'll probably sign for similar to what he's making now, even with a bigger year. Its just the new economics of the game.

On a sidenote, Lee isn't worth 4 mill, he's worth about 2.