Gamethread 6-29-06, Sox vs. Pirates

Capn12

Matchup on paper looks to favor us significantly, lets hope Contreras keeps his streak going! Some info from mlb.com:

Jose Contreras, RHP (8-0, 3.15)

White Sox (51-26) @

Zach Duke, LHP (5-7, 4.86)

Pirates (26-53)

Scouting Report:

According to catcher A.J. Pierzynski, Jose Contreras did not have his best stuff in his last start. That didn't stop him from earning his eighth win of the season and 16th regular-season win in a row, breaking a White Sox record. He threw six 1/3 and gave up four earned runs on eight hits. Contreras has never faced the Pirates.

Duke's three-game winning streak came to an end at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, due mostly to the timely hitting of Dodger rookie Andre Either, who drove in four runs. Duke actually pitched better than the line suggests and has pitched well recently, going 3-1 in his last six starts

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
Duke worries me.

If they take him the other way, like they did late in the game they will be fine. If they try and pull everything, this will be a low scoring game. These types of left handers, you have to go the other way. If its a righty who pounds in, then you can pull and elevate.

I think facing last nights starter will help us a lot.

Open up mlb.com's gameday and click Zach Duke's name in the right column (Pitching section). Amazing batting numbers!! Hitting .295 with 10 HRs and 39 RBIs this season.

Obviously an error. :P

And check out Jose's batting numbers!!! He's better than BA!

EDIT: Oh wait....that must be what batters have done against them for the year. I'm an idiot.

Edited by BigSqwert

Ok, I don't know how the Hell, I'm pulling this off, but it's currently 12:20 local time, I'm in the middle of an internet Cafe in the city of Korla, China, i have 4 large chinese Beers in me, and I've actually got Gameday open for Jose shooting for his 10th win, and I'm posting in the game thread. This is damn amazing.

Kick some ass Jose!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Ok, I don't know how the Hell, I'm pulling this off, but it's currently 12:20 local time, I'm in the middle of an internet Cafe in the city of Korla, China, i have 4 large chinese Beers in me, and I've actually got Gameday open for Jose shooting for his 10th win, and I'm posting in the game thread. This is damn amazing.

Kick some ass Jose!

How's the trip?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
How's the trip?

On geology field trips, I've found 2 good ways of evaluating how a field trip is going. The more epidermis missing from your feet, the better the trip is going, and the more beers in you, the better the trip is going. Based on both of those criteria, this is thus far a darn good trip. I just wish I could get any of my email services to work in this internet cafe.

We have about a 10 hour drive tomorrow with a couple of stops worked in...we're crossing the full Tien Shan range again and stopping to look at a few key spots before we spend the next week on the north side looking at recent structures. So if I want to, I can literally spend 3 hours in the game thread, using gameday, sleep 4 hours, get up, and sleep more on the buses. I don't think I can resist. Just wish I had yi ping PiJiu (another beer) to make it all the better.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)

Kick some ass Jose!

Actually the chinese have a great internet infrastructure, outside of the fact that you have to run through government controlled content filters, and the central firewall farm. We were able to get DSL at our plant in Suzhou with 2 3 meg circuits for dirt cheap. Their internet access for dialup is funny, you dial a 3 digit number and that is how you connect to the internet.

Hope you are away from the big city there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Actually the chinese have a great internet infrastructure, outside of the fact that you have to run through government controlled content filters, and the central firewall farm. We were able to get DSL at our plant in Suzhou with 2 3 meg circuits for dirt cheap. Their internet access for dialup is funny, you dial a 3 digit number and that is how you connect to the internet.

Hope you are away from the big city there.

Interesting thing is, once you get past the spots on the map that are just like 100 people, it seems even the small cities are 250,000 people. Everything is a "big city" here compared with the U.S., there's just that many people. You're in what would be a small city, you walk down the road, there's internet cafes, a dozen brothels within a few blocks, business districts, bazaars, and so on. The run down areas where the workers live seem to surround these central areas where we're staying, but everything seems to join togehter in a big city form.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
2 minutes

This is just f***ing beautiful, MLB's Gameday is working for me. Can't get gameday audio to work yet (it's loading yesterday's schedule for some reason), but I've spent enough games on Gameday alone with the game thread to survive.

2 hits to lead off the game. Paulie, finish off that POTM award right here.