GAME THREAD 7/9: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)
:huh

More Beckham in the 2 hole, Gillaspie batting lower in the line up, and Flowers catching

Gotta hope this is for trade purposes only. Should be seeing, Eaton, Conor, Oso, Dunn, Dayan, Lexi, De Aza, Gordo, Flowers, IMO. Gordo not making it any easier for RH to trade him with the way he's hit lately. Screwing us one last time, thanks.

Seems to me Conor is the obvious choice for the two hole (at least vs. RHSP), once Beckham is moved. Would now like to see Saladino get the 1st look at 2B, after this happens.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
Gotta hope this is for trade purposes only. Should be seeing, Eaton, Conor, Oso, Dunn, Dayan, Lexi, De Aza, Gordo, Flowers, IMO. Gordo not making it any easier for RH to trade him with the way he's hit lately. Screwing us one last time, thanks.

Seems to me Conor is the obvious choice for the two hole (at least vs. RHSP), once Beckham is moved. Would now like to see Saladino get the 1st look at 2B, after this happens.

Gillaspie batting 2nd against RHP and Gordon batting 2nd against LHP is just so obvious Robin can't see it

Every opposing manager would have their lefty hot for when Eaton/Gillaspie comes up in the 6/7/8/9.

Bat Gillaspie 2nd vs RH starters, he gets on base more than Beckham, more runs driven in by Abreu/Dunn, have the lead in 6/7/8/9 and don't worry about the matchups.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
Why are you batting Flowers against a RHP that throws 97 mph? It's especially dumb considering there's a LHP on the mound tomorrow, so you could have given Flowers a chance at least.

That would take some foresight. There is nothing but tunnel vision and repeating the same mantra over and over . " Tyler Flowers is my catcher , Tyler Flowers is my catcher". I don't think any ones said that but all the PT he gets shows me.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
:huh

More Beckham in the 2 hole, Gillaspie batting lower in the line up, and Flowers catching

Only a matter of time before Beckham's batting 8th for St. Louis, Gillaspie's hitting higher, and Pierzynski's catching

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Have a good feeling Sale is going to slaughter tonight

That's exactly what I thought the minute I did not see his name on the All-Star team on Sunday night. He'll either slaughter (likely), or try to do to much and get rocked. Nah, he'll slaughter.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
Beckham isn't a better option then Wong for St. Louis.

They are almost identical across the board statisticallly actually, they both suck quite a bit

Edited by Dunt