Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Indians 7/11/14

TheTruth05

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
Kluber is so good. Another 10 k night, methinks.

But if Noesi has another stellar outing, we could be reaching the point where it isn't just a hot streak soon.

Oh, let it be so.

One of the things that must come out of this rebuild season, imo, is a reasonable plan for the back end of the rotation next year. We've batted zero thru EJohnson, Paulino, Rienzo, and Carroll is doubtful, despite the recent performance. Injuries to Lopez and Bassitt, and Beck's treading water this season, seems to have stalled any help from below. It will substantially boost my optimism in 2015 if Noesi finishes the season strongly, and it would make the FO task far more feasible. We need more than Conor to be among the found/developed pieces to result from this rebuild season.

It would be wonderful if we look back a year from now and think of Hector as our new Quintana. Won't be holding my breath, but it's possible.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
Oh, let it be so.

One of the things that must come out of this rebuild season, imo, is a reasonable plan for the back end of the rotation next year. We've batted zero thru EJohnson, Paulino, Rienzo, and Carroll is doubtful, despite the recent performance. Injuries to Lopez and Bassitt, and Beck's treading water this season, seems to have stalled any help from below. It will substantially boost my optimism in 2015 if Noesi finishes the season strongly, and it would make the FO task far more feasible. We need more than Conor to be among the found/developed pieces to result from this rebuild season.

It would be wonderful if we look back a year from now and think of Hector as our new Quintana. Won't be holding my breath, but it's possible.

What in the world happened to Erik Johnson? Good lord those AAA numbers are an eye sore!! Has he gone from top 50 prospect to lost cause already?

QUOTE (jdupps @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
So against a RH pitcher a slumping Ramirez is batting second and a red hot Gillaspie is batting sixth...makes sense to me.

Back to back lefties doesn't make a ton of sense

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 11:30 PM)
I need more Nieto in my life... He has show a ton more patience lately and has been having solid AB's.. Would much rather have him starting then Flowers. I don't care how young he is

He has a pretty damn good line drive swing

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:32 PM)
He has a pretty damn good line drive swing

I know this has been said before but he has a similar swing to Hamilton... I think he can be a good catcher in this league, he just needs to experience and he won't get that starting once every 5-6 games.. I think he has shown in the limited amount of AB's he would hit better then Flowers, which really isn't hard at this point.