Micah Johnson back at AAA, expected call up in Sept

southsider2k5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
But will there be playing time is the question

Well if the sox are high on him he needs to get playing time to see if he's the future second basemam. Sanchez is very good with the glove but if micah can be at least average defensively I still think he's the higher offensive of the 2. If ramirez wasn't on the team could move sanchez to 3rd and saladino to ss.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Well if the sox are high on him he needs to get playing time to see if he's the future second basemam. Sanchez is very good with the glove but if micah can be at least average defensively I still think he's the higher offensive of the 2. If ramirez wasn't on the team could move sanchez to 3rd and saladino to ss.

Sanchez at 3rd? No way. He doesn't play 3rd, he plays 2B/SS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
he played 3rd a fair amount when he was first in the Dominican Summer League for the Sox and a handful of games since then.

I was looking at his baseball-reference minor league fielding stats, which state that he has played 6 games at 3B since the start of the 2011 season. He may have been a 3B in the past, but he isn't anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 3m3 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Micah Johnson back in action for Triple-A Charlotte. I would expect to see him in September in Chicago if healthy

Seriously, where would he play? There's no place for Micah Johnson on the White Sox. I hope they trade him before he has zero value.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
Seriously, where would he play? There's no place for Micah Johnson on the White Sox. I hope they trade him before he has zero value.

Second base.

Zero value? He's not declining.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
Yeah but face it, we all know Alexei isn't sitting down.

and he shouldn't but I bet by mid September we see more rookes inserted in the line up. But 30 days at the end of the season is not a real good barometer of their ability

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Call him up when he is out of rehab.

Release Beckham and Alexei. Or do a waiver deal for Alexei.

Matt Albers too....no reason to hang onto him and he should net a decent prospect.

Sanchez at short.

isn't going to happen nor should it

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
I was looking at his baseball-reference minor league fielding stats, which state that he has played 6 games at 3B since the start of the 2011 season. He may have been a 3B in the past, but he isn't anymore.

Saladino played a total of 5 games at 3B in the minors and he seems to have adjusted to the position just fine.

If we're moving people around, I'd rather get Sanchez a look at SS, but it's highly unlikely that Alexei will see less time. Having said that, I don't think the hot corner would be too big of an adjustment for Sanchez, aside from a non-ideal arm for the position.

The issue with trying to have Johnson, Sanchez and Saladino in the starting lineup potentially for next season is the lack of power.

U.S. Cellular Field is a power-park, these guys are not power / RBI type hitters. You can have some of them in the lineup since they bring needed speed, defense and youth but I don't see how you can keep all of them even if Ramirez is let go.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
The issue with trying to have Johnson, Sanchez and Saladino in the starting lineup potentially for next season is the lack of power.

U.S. Cellular Field is a power-park, these guys are not power / RBI type hitters. You can have some of them in the lineup since they bring needed speed, defense and youth but I don't see how you can keep all of them even if Ramirez is let go.

Mark

i looked at the sox history in baseball reference for the 90's. the sox had 2 positions that was lite hitting. the lite hitting i am referring to are lack of power.

i rather have a good defensive 2b for the future and see what the sox have in store for saladino, sanchez and MJ. it is going to be a very interesting off season. this may even be a better off season than it was last yr.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)

Mark

I'd like to see the Sox get a competent third baseman with a good bat and play Saladino at ss and keep Sanchez at 2B.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm sick of watching the White Sox playing circus clown defense. Micah Johnson's not an elite hitter whose bat would compensate for his defensive incompetence.

He's also had a problem staying healthy.

With the poor production by the current DH and Micah having issues staying healthy, DH could be a good spot for Micah. I believe he has a ML bat but his fielding is what's holding him back. Nothing wrong with some speed out of the DH position. Problem is that the Sox would have to eat some money and trade LaRoche or suck it up and turn LaRoche into a bench bat. Neither of which sound like something the Sox would do unfortunately.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
I'd like to see the Sox get a competent third baseman with a good bat and play Saladino at ss and keep Sanchez at 2B.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. Preferably a left handed swinging 3B.