Baltimore Riots

greg775

Rioting in Baltimore. How'd you like to be working in that CVC store when it got overrun by mobs of people? Our country is in big big trouble right now and these incidents with the police have been the lightning rods. I will not say the police are bad/wrong in all instances but clearly there is a huge disconnect and when people wind up dead as a result of police actions, look out.

This Baltimore thing is BAD. ...

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ginger kid wrote, i'd hate to be a cop

i have always said this, the police force puts themselves front and center on any crazy stuff.

yet they are the forgotten heroes. the problem is, they started this crap as well.

damn if you do damn if you don't

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:02 AM)
i have always said this, the police force puts themselves front and center on any crazy stuff.

yet they are the forgotten heroes. the problem is, they started this crap as well.

LDF are you in Baltimore? Sorry for my reading comprehension skills. If so ... are you stuck at work? Is it really a war zone? Take care.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)

Apparently the Baltimore PD has paid out tens of millions of dollars in the past few decades after "Rough rides" where people get into the vehicles and then things happen en route. This one just happened to die.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
I am really out of the loop. What exactly happened to cause these riots? I am sure a black man died because of police but what exactly are they so pissed about and what led up to this?

As with all of them, it's not just this event, it's a community feeling like the police have been after them for decades. This one event is just a spark in an already-fueled gas can.

edit: example

CDoYL_qXIAAbZhr.jpg

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
LDF are you in Baltimore? Sorry for my reading comprehension skills. If so ... are you stuck at work? Is it really a war zone? Take care.

nah... been retired due to heart problems. i live in LA, and just in case those who thinks it is cali, i mean LA the state, next to TX.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
really nice find.

back to baseball for a question, what happens if this craps continues thru tomorrow. i wonder what backup plans mlb has in store.

you know as well as i that they are sure discussing this.

They've got to plan on Nationals Park unless they're willing to lose all 3 games. National Guard called in so it's likely to get worse before it gets better.

The Cripps, Bloods, and another gang in Baltimore are joining together to take out cops as a result of all of this. Things are really getting out of control in Baltimore. It will probably get a lot worse tonight when the sun goes down.

"This afternoon, a group of outrageous criminals attacked our officers. Right now, we have seven officers that have serious injuries, including broken bones, and one officer who is unconscious," Capt. Eric Kowalczyk told reporters.

He vowed to find the attackers and put them in jail.

www.cnn.com

Head over there right now...huge banner headline, "STATE OF EMERGENCY"...the tv show SCANDAL just had an episode exactly like this situation, except the riots were in a neighborhood not so far from the White House

Edited by caulfield12

I'll show you. I am going to loot and burn down the stores in my neighborhood.

I understand the more than likely is a huge problem with the police department, but these thugs aren't the ones who were protesting, they just are the ones taking advantage of the situation and in the long run, when thisr potato chips from CVS are gone, and the bottle of booze from the liquor store they stole are long gone, with these businesses closed, they lose jobs and have no stores to get their things. Idiots.

Please, let's not just stereotype or paint ALL protesters with the same brush...because we've had debate after debate over the police here at this site, and no good comes out of blaming either side, really.

Clearly, something needs to be done across the country in order to improve frayed relationships between police departments and the local communities they police.