Alton Sterling

Brian

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Were posts in dem thread. Video is disturbing to watch. I saw it trending on twitter before I knew what it was. Had trouble sleeping.

My bad. Didn't even look in there.

Just saw video. Yikes. Had permit to carry and was but wasn't holding gun nor did he reach for it.

Cops say body cams "dangled" off. Both of them. What a coincidence.

Louisiana passed a Blue Lives Matter law to protect cops in May. Not sure what that means.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
My bad. Didn't even look in there.

Just saw video. Yikes. Had permit to carry and was but wasn't holding gun nor did he reach for it.

Cops say body cams "dangled" off. Both of them. What a coincidence.

Louisiana passed a Blue Lives Matter law to protect cops in May. Not sure what that means.

Just like with Eric Garner and Tamir Rice and Freddie Gray and and and it means they'll face zero consequences for what appears to be murder.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
"He was reaching for gun"

Know how this story ends.

Looks like his right arm kind of breaks free. The gun is later pulled out of his right pocket. Along with that quote by the cop, Good luck getting a conviction on that one.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Saw the second video. It's pretty clear it was a straight up execution. The cops should be jailed. But we know how it will end.

The second video makes it obvious.

The two cops should get life, but they'll get acquitted.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 01:11 AM)
The second video makes it obvious.

The two cops should get life, but they'll get acquitted.

Agree on all counts. Well now we know more about how it COULD turn out for law abiding citizens who have registered guns on their person. You get in a scuffle with a cop, you better fall to the ground before they even put you on the ground and lay spread eagle cause once they see you have a gun, you are dead. Wonder if the protests will continue in La.?

just saw the second video -- horrible. He wasn't even dead yet after taking a few bullets. I'm telling you, why can't the cops just taze the s*** out of people and quit using deadly force???? Why do they have to kill??? Yeah he had a gun but he was a legal gun holder.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Wash, rinse, repeat.

These cops never learn.

Of course they learn.

They've learned that nothing happens to them because white suburban juries NEVER convict them, so it's open season on the rest of us.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Store owner said Alton wasn't even the guy he called to complain about.

I knew it!! I just knew it. After seeing pictures of the guy he looked like the biggest teddy bear you could imagine. He just didn't seem the type to pull a gun out on somebody for not buying his DVD. I was thinking it had to be he felt like he was getting robbed or something we hadn't heard about. It turns out he did NOTHING wrong. This is a travesty that he was assassinated.

The cops need to be charged with murder today! With no bail.

These incidents are proving it's not that safe to legally carry a gun cause you will be murdered by cops if you happen to get pulled over in your car or approached. Apparently they go into killer mode when near a legally owned gun.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
I knew it!! I just knew it. After seeing pictures of the guy he looked like the biggest teddy bear you could imagine. He just didn't seem the type to pull a gun out on somebody for not buying his DVD. I was thinking it had to be he felt like he was getting robbed or something we hadn't heard about. It turns out he did NOTHING wrong. This is a travesty that he was assassinated.

These incidents are proving it's not that safe to legally carry a gun cause you will be murdered by cops if you happen to get pulled over in your car or approached. Apparently they go into killer mode when near a legally owned gun.

He was a registered sex offender for a crime involving a juvenile, has been convicted of domestic battery and battery with a dangerous weapon. Not your average teddy bear greg. (And no, that in no way justifies anything that happens)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)

1. You don't know what assassinated means. A common citizen can never be assassinated.

2. This guy was no teddy bear. He was a career criminal who was convicted of sexual assault against a minor and had other arrests for assault, domestic battery, unlawful entry and felony weapon charges.

3. This guy could not legally carry or own a firearm for the reasons expressed in number 2.

Do I think the cops were justified in this killing? Judging the evidence we've seen, probably not. But there are still a lot of missing pieces. That being said I really am not going to cry myself to sleep over the death of a child rapist.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
1. You don't know what assassinated means. A common citizen can never be assassinated.

2. This guy was no teddy bear. He was a career criminal who was convicted of sexual assault against a minor and had other arrests for assault, domestic battery, unlawful entry and felony weapon charges.

3. This guy could not legally carry or own a firearm for the reasons expressed in number 2.

Do I think the cops were justified in this killing? Judging the evidence we've seen, probably not. But there are still a lot of missing pieces. That being said I really am not going to cry myself to sleep over the death of a child rapist.

Looks like I'm wrong about his character. However whoever shot him should be in the jail for the rest of his life. Life over.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Looks like I'm wrong about his character. However whoever shot him should be in the jail for the rest of his life. Life over.

His character doesn't matter. He wasn't doing anything to deserve being taken down. He wasn't reaching for his fun yet was still murdered.

Why do the pasts of the victims always become public and rarely or never are the cops?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)
His character doesn't matter. He wasn't doing anything to deserve being taken down. He wasn't reaching for his fun yet was still murdered.

Why do the pasts of the victims always become public and rarely or never are the cops?

Public arrest records are very easily attainable online. Job performance is not. Cops are very rarely arrested. Pretty simple.