Falcon Heights Minnesota shooting

greg775

There appears to be an incident that is not a hoax caught on facebook live. An African American man in Minnesota who was carrying was shot several times with his girlfriend in his car after a traffic taillight stop and may be dead. I'm watching on livestream.

If it's a hoax I apologize, but it looks like it's real.

Another incident today. Horrifying.

It's actually real. This is in cold blood attempted police murder of a man ... and if you watch the video why aren't they trying to save his f***ing life???

Repeat: This man was shot four times because he told the cops he was carrying???? Apparently he's a teacher in the St. Paul school district. My gawd, what is become of our country? The cops are out of control!

After watching the video, this might be the most blatant in cold blood cop murder situation of of a motorist of all time! Something must be done.

http://www.startribune.com/aftermath-of-of...ideo/385789251/

Edited by greg775

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man, identified by relatives as a St. Paul schools employee, died at HCMC, according to an uncle. The shooting followed a traffic stop near Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street. On the video, the man is slumped next to a woman, his white T-shirt soaked with blood. St. Anthony police, which is the agency that patrols Falcon Heights, and the BCA are investigating.Graphic video shows aftermath of shooting by police officer in Falcon Heights.

startribune.com

Amazing how calm that woman was in the face of everything going on around her...she will probably be faulted on the internet for "acting like a detached TMZ reporter," but there's absolutely NOTHING she could have done to get the ambulance there any faster, and then you also have the element of the kid being involved. She had to have felt that the camera/footage was the only thing that could protect/save her and her child's life as well, as witnesses.

Greg Vs. the phrase "All-Time" getting sorely tested these last 18-24 months. Pretty appropriate, here.

One has a feeling that these police "extra judicial killings" will end about the same time that...well, not much hope for that at the moment.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:30 AM)
The man, identified by relatives as a St. Paul schools employee, died at HCMC, according to an uncle. The shooting followed a traffic stop near Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street. On the video, the man is slumped next to a woman, his white T-shirt soaked with blood. St. Anthony police, which is the agency that patrols Falcon Heights, and the BCA are investigating.Graphic video shows aftermath of shooting by police officer in Falcon Heights.

startribune.com

Amazing how calm that woman was in the face of everything going on around her...she will probably be faulted on the internet for "acting like a detached TMZ reporter," but there's absolutely NOTHING she could have done to get the ambulance there any faster.

She was ordered to not move. I can't believe they didn't shoot her as well when she exited the car. They were screaming at her and pointing guns at her. Good luck now if you get pulled over and tell a cop you are carrying a weapon legally. Cause you make ONE move apparently and you are dead.

I watched the video many times. Now the man has been shot four times and is laying back moaning and dying in the car. So what do the cops do? They keep a gun pointed in the car and are yelling at the guy and the woman still. This is not only cold blooded killing of a man who did nothing to deserve to die, but the inhumane watching of him die and not attending to him.

Now why in the f*** would a.) you not merely taze the s*** out of him if you have to use force and b.) if you decide tazing won't work and bullets are needed, why would u shoot him more than once?? Shoot him in the arm or the leg, then open the car door and drag him out and jump on him.

My answer to my own question is: He was armed so this changes everything. The cops are worried that gun is going to magically go off with nobody pulling the trigger I guess. If they push him to the ground oh geez the gun might discharge. I see no other reason you would not shoot the guy ONCE in the arm if you have to, drag his ass onto the ground and solve the situation with one bullet wound. No .... they shoot him four times in the arm, then they watch him die while screaming at him.

My gawd. ... What is happening to us??? The world is crumbling right before our eyes!!!

And the Baton Rouge thing is JUST as bad or worse. Again. why shoot him 5 times and kill him??? If you MUST feel you have to shoot him, then shoot him in the leg once. Again, just cause he's legally carrying I guess changes the score. Cops are afraid the gun is gonna go off ala a Barnie Fife episode so they kill the man.

Cops ... get your fricking acts together PLEASE. Have some confidence in your f***ing tazers. If there are 3 cops present, uh odds are one of the tazers will work. STOP THE KILLING.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:22 AM)
She was ordered to not move. I can't believe they didn't shoot her as well when she exited the car. They were screaming at her and pointing guns at her. Good luck now if you get pulled over and tell a cop you are carrying a weapon legally. Cause you make ONE move apparently and you are dead.

I watched the video many times. Now the man has been shot four times and is laying back moaning and dying in the car. So what do the cops do? They keep a gun pointed in the car and are yelling at the guy and the woman still. This is not only cold blooded killing of a man who did nothing to deserve to die, but the inhumane watching of him die and not attending to him.

Now why in the f*** would a.) you not merely taze the s*** out of him if you have to use force and b.) if you decide tazing won't work and bullets are needed, why would u shoot him more than once?? Shoot him in the arm or the leg, then open the car door and drag him out and jump on him.

My answer to my own question is: He was armed so this changes everything. The cops are worried that gun is going to magically go off with nobody pulling the trigger I guess. If they push him to the ground oh geez the gun might discharge. I see no other reason you would not shoot the guy ONCE in the arm if you have to, drag his ass onto the ground and solve the situation with one bullet wound. No .... they shoot him four times in the arm, then they watch him die while screaming at him.

My gawd. ... What is happening to us??? The world is crumbling right before our eyes!!!

And the Baton Rouge thing is JUST as bad or worse. Again. why shoot him 5 times and kill him??? If you MUST feel you have to shoot him, then shoot him in the leg once. Again, just cause he's legally carrying I guess changes the score. Cops are afraid the gun is gonna go off ala a Barnie Fife episode so they kill the man.

Cops ... get your fricking acts together PLEASE. Have some confidence in your f***ing tazers. If there are 3 cops present, uh odds are one of the tazers will work. STOP THE KILLING.

You keep bringing up this taser thing, but most cops don't carry tasers.

And no, I don't know why.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:55 AM)
Shoot someone in the leg while they're in a car? Greg is really the king of trolls.

This is another thing, and it's been discussed here ad nauseam. Police, military and other trained professionals are NOT trained to shoot people in the legs/arms, etc...you aim for the largest target area. Always.

This isn't the f***ing movies.

Oh, and none of this is me defending this cop/person -- I don't know enough about the story yet to comment. Nor will I comment on it even after I know. I have nothing to gain by it regardless of the outcome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 06:23 AM)
Without social media these killings have been going on for decades. Nothing is "crumbling" you are just able to hear and see them actually happen now.

It's the 24/7 in your face news cycle. Without bothering to research this statement, I'd be willing to bet these types of incidents are way down from their peak, but you wouldn't know it based on the endless bombardment of these stories.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 06:35 AM)
It's the 24/7 in your face news cycle. Without bothering to research this statement, I'd be willing to bet these types of incidents are way down from their peak, but you wouldn't know it based on the endless bombardment of these stories.

It's a lot harder to cover up when people can live stream the aftermath or the actual shooting. Police have been shooting and harming people for as long as they've existed. Putting people in a position of power over others is a pretty well known psychology experiment and its changes people.

Just based on the video & limited facts, it seems like that cop was afraid once he heard "gun" and straight up murdered the guy when he made some sort of non-hostile movement. Maybe more info comes out, but this shooting seems like a legit killing and this officer should be behind bars for a long f***ing time.

In concealed carry class the instructor taught us to make sure we identified ourselves as possessing a weapon to officers and awaiting their orders. It seems he at least did some of that. Identifying yourself as a lawful carrier is supposed to put the officer at ease.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 06:35 AM)

We wouldn't be able to know because for some reason we don't track these statistics. We have estimates put together from articles and self reporting.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:36 AM)
My CC instructor told us best way to not escalate things with a cop is to hand them your CC license along with your normal one... Saying I have a gun can trigger someone into being trigger happy.

Mine said something similar but in a different way. Identify yourself as a lawful CC permit holder and then when asked disclose if you have it on you and where it is all while not moving. Do not reach, do not try to show.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
You guys are white. It must be lovely to be able to tell a cop this and not get blown away.

Absolutely an issue. Race among other factors have a definite effect on how you are treated by police officers, especially when carrying. General appearance of you, your vehicle, your behavior while driving and pulled over are all major factors in how officers respond.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 02:22 AM)

I actually read that they did use a tazer on the guy in Baton Rouge. Didn't stop them from shooting him though.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
So sad. That video is just the epitome of america today.

This type of thing has been happening for decades, the only thing different is now we can simulcast it happening.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
So sad. That video is just the epitome of america today.

So nothing good happens in America, ever? Just stuff like this?

I really wish people would back off the ledge and recognize that this isn't the norm. It's simply not. And no statistics back claims that it is.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
So nothing good happens in America, ever? Just stuff like this?

I really wish people would back off the ledge and recognize that this isn't the norm. It's simply not. And no statistics back claims that it is.

as bmags pointed out, there's no reliable statistics one way or the other on this. Police departments don't always track this and don't track it in the same way.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
as bmags pointed out, there's no reliable statistics one way or the other on this. Police departments don't always track this and don't track it in the same way.

If they can, they will hide it.

Clearly, at least where we live, people shoot other people a lot more frequently than cops do.