Predict Thy Numbers: Alec Hansen

So stoked for this guy. I think the Sox got him for an absolute steal and it would be great if he had a season similar to last year.

My predictions - 9-4, 2.98 ERA, 134.2 IP, 40 BB's, 145 K's, 1.17 WHIP, and 9.7 K/9 in 20 starts, most of which at Kannapolis but hopefully he gets promoted to Winston-Salem at some point too.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
So stoked for this guy. I think the Sox got him for an absolute steal and it would be great if he had a season similar to last year.

My predictions - 9-4, 2.98 ERA, 134.2 IP, 40 BB's, 145 K's, 1.17 WHIP, and 9.7 K/9 in 20 starts, most of which at Kannapolis but hopefully he gets promoted to Winston-Salem at some point too.

If he is doing that well I would be surprised if he isn't at AA by the end of the season

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)

If Hansen lowers his walk rate to 2.67 BB/9 as you suggest, he would definitely be a top 100 prospect

I doubt he is able to improve his control that much, but I could see him tossing 145 innings, 11-6 record, 54 walks, 159 k's, 3.14 ERA

My Dad and I...doing our usual State of the Sox talk before spring training...I brought up that fact how Hansen continually gets overlooked as a top prospect. Probably one of the bigger steals of any drafts that I can recall recently given where he was taken. I agree with jerksticks somewhat...that he's soon to be a Top 10 spec. Guy is just too good to live in anonymity...

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
My Dad and I...doing our usual State of the Sox talk before spring training...I brought up that fact how Hansen continually gets overlooked as a top prospect. Probably one of the bigger steals of any drafts that I can recall recently given where he was taken. I agree with jerksticks somewhat...that he's soon to be a Top 10 spec. Guy is just too good to live in anonymity...

For Hansen to be a top 10 mlb prospect he would have to seriously sharpen his command and control, plus stay healthy this season

157 innings, 1.94 ERA, 40 BB, 185 K's across high A and lots of AA would likely skyrocket him up the rankings

His control would need to develop from 40/45 grad to 55 grade in order for that to happen

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)

I'm definitely seeing this your way. Imo, by the end of this season writers and fans will be talking about Hansen being the steal of the '16 draft class. Maybe I'm a bit too high on him but his size and pitching repertoire are just so appealing to me that I can't help it. The ingredients are their for Hansen to be a top of the rotation starter and the Sox are one of the best organizations to help him become that.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
For Hansen to be a top 10 mlb prospect he would have to seriously sharpen his command and control, plus stay healthy this season

157 innings, 1.94 ERA, 40 BB, 185 K's across high A and lots of AA would likely skyrocket him up the rankings

His control would need to develop from 40/45 grad to 55 grade in order for that to happen

Control and repeatability are the top two concerns for Hansen. If he can conquer those two things, his ceiling is ace. It will be really interesting to see him get pushed through an entire season and to see how much consistency he can maintain.

• 1 month later...