Terrorist attack in Paris

southsider2k5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the news channels are talking about attacks going on in Paris. It's far too early to know if it's terrorism. They have an attack at a stadium where a French - German soccer match is ongoing. There was another shooting in a restaurant. Several fatalities have been reported so far.

The latest report said there where 60(?) hostages being held by gunmen.

Chicago Tribune

1 min · Edited ·

At least 26 people have been killed in what appears to be coordinated shootouts, explosions and other violence in multiple locations across Central Paris, the AP reports. CNN affiliate BFMTV reports at least 60 people are being held hostage at a concert hall.

This is a rapidly-changing situation. Please check back for the latest details.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Hillary just came on TV and said this was all due to a Julia Ormond movie released in 1995

I drop by to check on Samardzija's status as this is going on, see that you still think dead people are hilarious, and I'm out again.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
Freudian slip?

More like arthritic fingers, but that was kinda funny. Usually I just get dyslexic on 'ing' spelling it 'ign.

He actually works for his father who runs some sort of cheese distributorship out there. He was never very clear about it, so come to think of it, maybe he is a fiend...

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
So all of these separate events happened around the same time right? Have they yet to say for sure its terrorism? It obviously is but they havent officially said it I presume.

ITV News

@itvnews

#Paris attacks is retaliation for targeted strike on IS militant 'Jihadi John', anti-terror source tells ITV News itv.com/news/story/201…

Taken from the link on Yahoo main page.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
How soon do the Syrian refugees arrive in America?

News just reports France closes its borders

Probably already are honestly.

Also, who is this Jihad John that everyone is making a fuss about? I honestly don't know.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)
Probably already are honestly.

Also, who is this Jihad John that everyone is making a fuss about? I honestly don't know.

He is the masked terrorist with dual British citizenship that has been shown on all of the beheading videos issuing the threats to America and killing hostages. The US supposedly got him in a bomb strike yesterday

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
He is the masked terrorist with dual British citizenship that has been shown on all of the beheading videos issuing the threats to America and killing hostages. The US supposedly got him in a bomb strike yesterday

Wow. At least we got him.