WS: Dodgers v Astros

Panerista

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a pretty good world series, like one of the first ones I've been excited about for a while. You have two of the best going at it and it should be a heavyweight type fight.

Ultimately, I see the Dodgers winning this series due to their bullpen and pitching. As much as I like Keuchel, Verlander, and (McCullers, Peacock, Morton), I like Kershaw, Hill, Darvish, and Wood a lot better. As for the bullpens, it's really not a contest. Dodgers bullpen is lights out, just ask the cubs.

I think the Dodgers win this series in 6 games or less. I could see the Astros roughing up Wood and Darvish in their two Houston games, but Kershaw and Hill will probably be too much for the Astros hitters. I see the Keuchel and Verlander starts going deep with a low score but their bullpen will ultimately let them down.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 07:52 AM)
This will be a pretty good world series, like one of the first ones I've been excited about for a while. You have two of the best going at it and it should be a heavyweight type fight.

Ultimately, I see the Dodgers winning this series due to their bullpen and pitching. As much as I like Keuchel, Verlander, and (McCullers, Peacock, Morton), I like Kershaw, Hill, Darvish, and Wood a lot better. As for the bullpens, it's really not a contest. Dodgers bullpen is lights out, just ask the cubs.

I think the Dodgers win this series in 6 games or less. I could see the Astros roughing up Wood and Darvish in their two Houston games, but Kershaw and Hill will probably be too much for the Astros hitters. I see the Keuchel and Verlander starts going deep with a low score but their bullpen will ultimately let them down.

Definitely has the makings for one of the better World Series in recent memory. I agree the edge goes to the Dodgers, but it's close. I think it comes down to Kershaw. If he can pitch well, I suspect the Dodgers win. If the Astros get to him, I think the Astros win.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 06:19 PM)
Definitely has the makings for one of the better World Series in recent memory. I agree the edge goes to the Dodgers, but it's close. I think it comes down to Kershaw. If he can pitch well, I suspect the Dodgers win. If the Astros get to him, I think the Astros win.

I'm so intrigued by the Kershaw angle here. In the past, he has either been pressured by being the ace for a mediocre team or he was forced to pitch in short rest, more than once even.

Now he is on the best team, fully rested and not over worked, it's his time to shine, but there are no excuses.

I think the Dodgers win because of the Darvish trade, he is their 3rd pitcher yet could be an ace.

Houston has a lot of great storylines going for them....Harvey, first WS win, Kate Upton and Verlander, multi-hundred+ loss seasons recently, etc. Wouldn't be awful if they won but I'm all Dodgers in this series. I just think they're far and away the best team in baseball this season with a very likable roster and it would be a damn shame to watch them lose.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
First pitch forecast for tomorrow night: 95 degrees.

Yeah, I noticed the first two games should be hot out there. Next Tuesday and Wednesday should be much cooler.

And if the Cubs would have made it, they’d be playing in the high 30s-low 40s...but ain’t happening!

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)

This is the matchup I've been rooting for all season. Dodgers are my (distant) secondary team because of my time spent in California in my youth, and I like them even more for ending the Cub nightmare that consumed my neighborhood for the past year, so go Dodgers. I think they have had the magic all season (save for that little spell) and will ride it to the end.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 06:19 PM)

What makes a good World Series? 2 of the last 3 have gone 7 games. Both games 7s were one run games with the winning run at bat. Several of the other games in those series weren't close though. When the Sox won it, every game was close, 2 runs or less, but Houston didn't win a game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
First pitch forecast for tomorrow night: 95 degrees.

Updated forecast I just saw was up to 98 degrees, would be hottest first pitch in WS history.

Weather service warning also saying this is the highest fire danger for CA in several years.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 06:50 PM)
The last two times the Sox played in the World Series, their opponents were the Astros (`05) and the Dodgers (`59).

The Astros have to be the only team in MLB history to play in the World Series as both an AL team and an NL team, right?

Definitely rooting for the Dodgers as I've lived in Los Angeles since 1984.

However we need the Dodgers to lose at least one game on their way to a Series win.

Otherwise, if hey sweep they'll have gone 11 and 1 in the playoffs with the one lost coming in the LCS.

Plus they won their division going wire to wire and we just can't have this, can we.